Start a track, use Revolta 2 and it crashes

Matt-Grayson wrote on 5/25/2021, 5:11 AM

Hi, I have Music Maker Premium and I started a new track yesterday. I loaded in a few percussion channels and saved it as I went. The file size would increase on each save. Then when i introduced Revolta 2, it wouldnt save. I would be sat there for 20 minutes on 0% saved until I got fed up and killed it in task manager. When I load the program back up and go to my previously saved file, it's like 2kb and wont load in.

I've always had issues with slow saves and crashing but never with Revolta 2 (a previous track used it on at least three channels with no problem).

Honestly, this program is getting beyond a joke now. I only do it to pass the time, I'm not trying to be a serious producer or I would invest in cubase or something. But I at least want it to be a stable program.

My apologies if I've not included all relevant info, I'm on my phone at work, it's the first time I've had to sort this since yesterday. I can find out any info later.

Anyone got any ideas?

Comments

SP. wrote on 5/25/2021, 6:41 AM

@Matt-Grayson Music Maker has a lot of bugs. For your next project try the "Save as" option an give each save a new name. Then you can go back to a previous save if something happens.

Or better try Samplitude Music Studio. It's much more stable and has a lot more features. I never use Music Maker for complex projects.