Stage 2 installation of Vita Concert Grand LE fails.

Jim-Laursen wrote on 9/26/2021, 11:53 AM

Seems the installer is looking for a path that is not in the temp location. Can you let me know what needs to be done. I tried changing in installer window, to no avail. Why does the package extractor not name the folders appropriately. Windows 10 21H1 Build 19043.1237, 64GB Ram, C:=1TB, Dell Precision T3600, Xeon E5-2660@2.20GHz, 8-cores, Bios A15.

Comments

SP. wrote on 9/26/2021, 12:38 PM

@Jim-Laursen It's possible that your firewall or Windows Defender just deletes the folder. I would suggest you deactivate them temporarily and reactivate them after everything is running.

Jim-Laursen wrote on 9/26/2021, 12:59 PM

Firewall and Defender already disabled. File installer is looking for is in the mgxlrlfw599 folder. Appears installer is misconfigured. I am going to try a re-install and then change the x.x.x/temp/mgxlrlfw599/addon/x/x to mgxf9xemqj4 and see if it finds it.

SP. wrote on 9/26/2021, 1:45 PM

@Jim-Laursen The temp folder name is likely different each time you start the installer.

Jim-Laursen wrote on 9/27/2021, 11:19 AM

Well, I was able to rename the folder in my /temp folder and when the install failed, it didn't delete the folder. When I ran the installer again, it created the original folder, with the different folder name than the one in the installer search field. But the funny thing is, it didn't find the folder I had renamed to the one in the installer search field, still with all the same files as the new, miss-named folder. Also, after it fails to install with Vita, it launches, then locks up the system. This happens everytime. I had this app installed last year before my drive died. And it worked fine. Is there new security settings for "user" files in Win10 that need to be changed? Firewall and Defender are disabled.Maybe I need to enable them, exclude MM19 and see what happens.