Comments

PATIENT-X wrote on 5/2/2021, 11:16 AM

@LadyMarmalady

Hello, Welcome

Because SpectraLayers is now a Steinberg software you should contact Steinberg support and ask them for advice.

Steinberg have their own forum here.

Forum Moderator 

Last changed by PATIENT-X on 5/2/2021, 11:17 AM, changed a total of 1 times.

Pc self build by me.

Azza Pyramid 804 case

Intel Core i5-13600K Processor 3.5GHz

Kingston FURY Beast 32GB (16GB x 2) 4800MHz DDR5

Geforce RTX2080 Founders edition

Firecuda 530 1tb SSD Nvme

Team Group T-FORCE DELTA MAX RGB LITE 2.5" 1TB SATA III

Corsair RM1000x 80 PLUS Gold Fully Modular ATX 1000 Watt Power Supply

5in LCD Screen

Lian Li UNI SL120 V2 triple fans

MSI Meg Unify Z690 motherboard

rraud wrote on 5/2/2021, 11:23 AM

@LadyMarmalady, is SpectraLayers installed, activated and does it work as a standalone application?

As I recall, SpectraLayers Pro-2 was included with the Sound Forge Pro 12 Suite. (which btw was prior to Steinberg's acquisition of SL). I do not know if the later SLP versions will work within SFP-12 because they now use the ARA plugin format option.
Otherwise if SLP-2 is installed and activated, it should be available in SFP-12's 'Tools' menu. See page 112 of the SFP-12 manual.

LadyMarmalady wrote on 5/2/2021, 12:38 PM

Thanks both. I thought it was included since there's a link in the drop-down under Tools, but obviously not any more. Rraud, the link on page 213 (in the version I found) doesn't take you to the information it promises. Not sure I can do anything apart from buying it from Steinberg...

Many thanks for your comments.

rraud wrote on 5/2/2021, 2:39 PM

I do not know if SpectraLayers Pro 7 will work from within Sound Forge Pro 12, it is stand-alone application or can be used as a ARA plug-in which is a relatively new format that was not supported in SFP-12.

SpectraLayers was only included in the SFP 'Suite' versions. The manual 'assumes' SLP-2 is installed. Unfortunately, It does not state SLP is, and was only included with the Pro Suite versions. FWIW, Magix also does not state that when SFP-15 is included in the Vegas Pro 18 package deal, none of the 'third-party' audio plug-ins are included. However when the Sound Forge Pro 15 Suite is purchased singularly, it does include (Steinberg's) SpectraLayers Pro-7 (which is significantly more advanced than SLP-2), the Melodyne 5 Assistant, iZ's Ozone and RX Elements, a host of new plug-ins from Magix as well as the legacy plug-ins.