SoundForge 17 pro presets a setups...

hotelsinus wrote on 9/13/2023, 5:42 AM

Hello,

is there a way to get my presets to SF17 from SF16 automaticly. All my presets for time to time is missing. Every Upgrade lost the presets and screensetups and the settings. Please fix this issue! Its really irritating fomr soundforge 12 till today... thank you!

btw the old Sony Preset Manager did not work at all... i think where magix buy SF

Thank you for your help

Comments

emmrecs wrote on 9/13/2023, 6:25 AM

@hotelsinus

Welcome to the Magix user to user forums so not a contact for any Magix staff, sorry. Hence, there is nothing that we can fix!

@rraud may have advice to offer on how to achieve what you want to do.

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

SP. wrote on 9/13/2023, 6:35 AM

@hotelsinus The presets are stored in the Windows registry. If the preset manager doesn't work the only way to transfer them is to edit the registry manually.

rraud wrote on 9/13/2023, 10:11 AM

VST presets are available in the VST presets folder. Direct X and other presets and preference settings like the toolbar icons are in the registry as @SP. stated.
Sound Forge window layouts and keyboard shortcuts are in
"C:\Users\\App\--your user name--\Data\Roaming\MAGIX\SOUND FORGE (Pro or AS \# .
These files can be copy/pasted from one version to another.
Some of the plug-in's presets can be saved in a chain which can then be opened in 15, 16, 17 and subsequently re-saved in a new or other version. If you are experienced with the registry, fx presets registry entries can be exported/imported. This requires editing the registry entry as well,.. changing the SF version #.

btw, welcome to the Magix Sound Forge users community @hotelsinus.