Sound Problem

glenmcgregor wrote on 3/29/2008, 6:33 PM
I have just created a movie using the trial version of 14. During the creation the sound was perfect but when I now play it back I get about ten seconds great sound then total distortion. The original recordings from my video are perfeect so it is definately something I am doing with the software. Has anyone any suggestions?

Comments

ralftaro wrote on 4/1/2008, 3:47 AM
What are you playing back and how are you doing it? Have you created a DVD in the Movie Edit Pro 14 trial version, which you are now playing back on a DVD player? If so, does it work on a different player or when you play it on your PC by means of a suitable DVD-playing software?

What would be important here is to establish whether this problem is caused during the editing/encoding process or whether it originates during the writing/reading of the DVD data. In order to do this, you would have to check the temporary DVD image files that were created on your hard drive during the DVD encoding or perform a manual export (MPEG-2 file) of the movie onto your hard drive. If the problem is not present there and this starts looking like something caused during the writing or reading of the DVD, I would opt for some standard burn troubleshooting procedures, like burning at slower speeds, trying different blanks, avoiding RW blanks. Might also be a very specific compatibility problem with that one DVD player. Maybe it can't cope with high bit rates on MPEG sound and you should lower the audio bit rates in the DVD/MPEG encoder settings or just use a different player, if that is an option.