Sound Forge Stopped Working

Paul-Getzels wrote on 3/16/2021, 8:37 PM

Hello -- My copy of Sound Forge Pro 10.0 mysteriously stopped working on Wednesday, 10 March 2021. I got a screen that said "Registration of Sound Forge Pro 10.0 requires advanced privileges." I clicked "Next" and was asked whether I wanted the program to make changes to my computer. I clicked "yes" and got no further. What do I need to do to get the program to work again? Thank you for your help.

Comments

condex wrote on 3/16/2021, 10:02 PM

The elevated privileges problem with Sony Sound Forge Pro 10 and 11 is very annoying and if it happens once it is likely recur every 3 or 4 weeks - that was my experience anyway. Please refer to an earlier post about the same problem along with suggestions about resolving the problem even if only temporarily.

https://www.magix.info/us/forum/error-message-when-i-try-to-launch-sound-forge-pro-10-0--1258295/#ca1602643

Sound Forge Pro 12 and later released by MAGIX thankfully do not have the elevated privileges problem.

rraud wrote on 3/18/2021, 11:19 AM

If you do not want to perform the registry tweak (above link) (which may return at some point), Right-click the Sound Forge <.exe> launcher (or shortcut), choose Properties> and select the 'Compatibility' tab. Under 'Privilege level', check-mark "Run this program as an Administrator".
The downside of this is a "run as administrator" message when SF is launched. a minor annoyance IMO.

btw, welcome to the Magix Sound Forge users forum @Paul-Getzels.