Comments

SP. wrote on 10/28/2021, 5:17 PM

@Harold-Byers We just had this discussion with an older version and couldn't find anything that helps. Maybe a suggestion works for you. Otherwise I would recommend to contact the technical support.

https://www.magix.info/de/forum/can-not-open-my-sound-forge-software--1285470/

Harold-Byers wrote on 10/28/2021, 7:34 PM

The solution shown through the link does not work for me. I find no way to directly contact technical support. I only find this forum and tutorials.

craig-d wrote on 10/29/2021, 2:31 AM

hi! have you installed anything new on your computer, like a new interface, or any plugins, etc? perhaps something is holding up the scan in process. you could try to force a reset by holding CNTRL + Shift and double click on the Sound Forge startup icon. It will ask 'Do you want to reset all Sound Forge Pro preferences to default values? You should check the box that says 'Delete all cached application data' and then click 'Yes'. Then try again to open the program.

Harold-Byers wrote on 10/29/2021, 11:06 AM

Thank you so very much! I have not installed anything new. In fact I was out of town for a week and did not use the computer since the last time Sound Forge had worked. I found that the CNTRL + Shift and double click must be made on the desktop shortcut icon and not the icon in the startup menu. Your solution worked! I am grateful.