SOUND FORGE PRO 15 CONSTANTLY CRASHES AND CLOSES!

Eddie-Frierson wrote on 3/11/2021, 11:50 PM

Very frustrating and I hope there is an update SOON! I cannot do the ACX export without the program crashing. It does save the file but then BOOM! Shutdown. Very frustrating, time consuming, and DEFINITELY something wrong. Is there an almost immediate patch planned? Thinking that this version was released maybe a little too early without working out all the bugs. I hope this can be resolved soon --- or is there something I am missing and I can do something to keep it from crashing? Frustrating. I have a PC running Windows 10.

Comments

rraud wrote on 3/12/2021, 10:50 AM

I can confirm this behavior. It does check the pertinent parameters and exports an MP3, but crashes SF. I will notify my contact and hopefully a fix in the next update ., It would not hurt to contact Magix support yourself as well.
btw, you do not essentially have to use the ACX export, just verify the parameters manually and use the 'Statistics' tool to get the loudness around -16LUFS. Different publishers have varying submission requirements, so check the publishers website prior. Tip, if you do not need stereo for music, encode a mono MP3 for better quality at the same bitrate and approx. file size.

Welcome to the Magix Sound Forge users forum @Eddie-Frierson.

Eddie-Frierson wrote on 3/12/2021, 2:53 PM

Thank you. All the techo talk I am getting used to so will need to figure out the -16LUFS and how to change "statistics" to get that benchmark. I appreciate that you will reach out to the tech folks for the next update. Thanks so much!

Eddie

rraud wrote on 3/12/2021, 4:30 PM

"Tools> Statistics" The "Integrated LUFS" is the important factor for broadcast and streaming levels . The statistics tool will not adjust the volume for you though,

Most music streaming hosts submissions (Spotify,Tidal, Amazon, Pandora. Deezer, Apple, ect) are 'recommended' areall 'around' -14 LUFS. I use -16 LUFS for narrative A/V programs.
Broadcast TV audio (must be) submitted at -23 and 24 LUFS (EBU and ATSC)

I do not recall ever seeing RMS (dB) as a submission factor, Prior to the FCC CALM act, it was a reference 1k Hz sine wave @ -20dBFS with the program audio peaks not exceeding -10 dBFS.