Sound Forge Pro 14.0 (140) Problems

Serg-Kuh wrote on 11/5/2021, 10:22 AM

Here are just a few of the obvious problems with version 14.0 (Build 140).

1. The command to open several selected files using Sound Forge is being processed incorrectly. The program opens a new copy of itself for each file. Because of what errors and failures occur. This is the first time I've encountered such a phenomenon on a "professional" platform.

2. Periodically, when pulling out with the mouse, the toolbar located in the upper area of ​​the interface in the floating menu (pulling out can happen by accident, touching, clicking on the mouse and slightly to the side), after the panel returns to its place, the cursor disappears during subsequent use programs. It becomes impossible to track its movement during playback. After restarting the program, the problem is solved.

3. Each time the “coreFX Limiter” is executed, the processed area is shifted to the end of the file by 00: 00: 00,010 according to the “Time” schedule. This leads to desynchronization of audio and video material. I work on TV and mainly work with audio tracks from video files, for me this problem becomes critical.
4. Also, every time when working with VST plug-ins, after having applied a customized preset inside the VST plug-in, after reopening it, all settings are reset to their default factory state. And the creation of a separate preset through the sound forge requires saving it to a separate file and, when reapplied, requires opening it again through a previously saved file. This takes a lot of time and slows down the execution of operations, while built-in (non-VST) effects can be reapplied to another area of ​​the file only by pressing F4 (redoing the last action performed). With VST, you will only apply the default preset in the plugin.

In connection with the above listed software defects, I want to ask one question.
When will it end?

Comments

rraud wrote on 11/5/2021, 11:45 AM

Firstly, do you have the latest SFP-14 build installed.

1. There is a 'multi-instance' default change that was initiated with SFP-14 build 111. See this post to change it back to the legacy 'single-instance' behavior.

2. I cannot duplicate that behavior in the latest SFP-14, (build 140) or in SFP-15. You can request a support ticket from Magix tech support.

3. This may be a result of the 'Snapping' settings in the 'Options' menu. If it only happens with the CoreFx limiter plug-in, use something else (or try it in the chainer). There are many brick wall limiters available (free or otherwise. AFAIK, the CoreFx limiter is not on anyone's go-to list, in terms of 'sound' for music .. or post. I especially dislike the UI.

4. When VSTs are used singularly, this is inherent of the VST-2 format. If you add a VST plug-in(s) to the chainer (aka, rack), all the individual plug-in settings are re-created when it is reopened.

When will it end?

I have yet to find any software that is 100% perfect.

btw, welcome to the Magix Sound Forge users community @Serg-Kuh .

addendum, URL links fixed