Sound Forge Audio Studio 17 - won't open on Dell Laptop Windows 11

JULIAN-FLETCHER wrote on 4/25/2024, 6:25 AM

Hi - can anyone help me please? It has installed correctly but won't open. Gets stuck on the screen with the picture of the girl wearing headphones which says "initialising audio engine", and then it disappears and nothing. Have also tried right click and running as administrator - same problem. Anyone have any ideas? Any help greatly appreciated. Thanks !

Comments

JULIAN-FLETCHER wrote on 4/25/2024, 7:16 AM

NB - have just done a re-install and also ensuring internet settings are activated (as per the reply to another post) - and still no joy, gets stuck at the same point.

SP. wrote on 4/25/2024, 7:21 AM

@JULIAN-FLETCHER Try holding CTRL and SHIFT and double clicking on the program icon to start Sound Forge. Keep holding CTRL and SHIFT until a small window appears that will ask you if you want to reset the program settings. Maybe it will work then.

If it still doesn't work, there might be a problem with the Magix Low Latency ASIO driver that might have been installed.

- Access the "Run" command by pressing Windows key and R on your keyboard
- Type regedit and press  Enter
- Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > ASIO > Magix Low Latency 2016 entry.
- Click the Magix Low Latency 2016 folder and delete it,
- Click OK and restart the PC via the Restart option and not the Shut down option

JULIAN-FLETCHER wrote on 4/25/2024, 7:34 AM

Hi, thanks for the help. I tried both of these, rebooted and still no joy :-(

It just stops after "initializing audio engine" when its trying to load....

JULIAN-FLETCHER wrote on 4/25/2024, 7:40 AM

@JULIAN-FLETCHER Try holding CTRL and SHIFT and double clicking on the program icon to start Sound Forge. Keep holding CTRL and SHIFT until a small window appears that will ask you if you want to reset the program settings. Maybe it will work then.

If it still doesn't work, there might be a problem with the Magix Low Latency ASIO driver that might have been installed.

- Access the "Run" command by pressing Windows key and R on your keyboard
- Type regedit and press  Enter
- Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > ASIO > Magix Low Latency 2016 entry.
- Click the Magix Low Latency 2016 folder and delete it,
- Click OK and restart the PC via the Restart option and not the Shut down option

I deleted the whole folder "2016" and it worked - now. SUCCESS - a huge thanks to you!

JULIAN-FLETCHER wrote on 4/25/2024, 7:52 AM

This piece of software is really taking the biscuit, 3 hours after install and I'm still no further forward. All I want to do is extract some audio from some CDs!! Now it won't recognise the CD Drive!!!!

SP. wrote on 4/25/2024, 8:57 AM

@JULIAN-FLETCHER What happens if you simply drag and drop the CDA files from your CD drive into the workspace?