Sound Forge Audio Studio 16 install failing

Bob-Lauder wrote on 3/2/2023, 7:22 PM

I bought Vegas Pro 365 and I've tried downloading Sound Forge at least 5 or 6 times and get the same error every single time.

"An error occurred during transfer which caused the installation to stop. This problem can most likely be fixed by restarting the transfer of the installer application. If you experience further problems, contact the MAGIX support:

http://support.magix.com

Click "OK" to restart the installation transfer.

SOUND FORGE Audio Studio 16 (64-Bit)

Loading (943.67 MB of 943.67 MB; 00:00:00)"

This is my personal computer:
Windows 11 Home

ASUS ROG Strix G512LW

Processor    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10750H CPU @ 2.60GHz, 2592 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s)
System Model    ROG Strix G512LW_G512LW
Installed Physical Memory (RAM)    32.0 GB
Name    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070

Comments

SP. wrote on 3/2/2023, 7:33 PM

@Bob-Lauder Look into the download folder by clicking on the menu in the top left corner of the download manager. You should find the installation program there and you can run it manually. If it works it was downloaded completely. Maybe your firewall or Windows Defender are blocking the installation after the download has finished.

If the installation program is not complete and fails to run there might be server issues at the moment.

Bob-Lauder wrote on 3/3/2023, 12:30 PM

I've tried that and I get this error message, only it's not always the wizardFX.cab file, it varies.

I've also tried running Visual C++ Redistributable install, and running the installation file as administrator, all to no avail.