Comments

craig-d wrote on 10/14/2022, 12:37 AM

no problem @rraud...i am almost 100 percent certain on that, but i will check and make sure...if it does work, or if there is a way to skip the scan other than using the internal preference tab, i will write back and let you all know.

robert-p wrote on 10/25/2022, 2:15 PM

Sound Forge Audio Studio 16 install does not work with windows 11 64Bit OS

Just bought this from magix website, downloaded and fails during install of main application. I've tried to redo the same install. I've rebooted the laptop.. Brand new laptop; seems perfect for running all other applications. Concerned that windows 11 is the issue.. help requested.

SP. wrote on 10/25/2022, 2:50 PM

@robert-p You might to need to disable the new Windows 11 feature "Smart App Control". This feature will block all apps that are not certified. As far as I know, Sound Forge currently isn't certified for "Smart App Control".

It's also possible, that something is broken on Magix servers. Over the last couple of days some users in this forum weren't able to download Sound Forge.

Try the following direct download links http://dl04.magix.net/2022/SOUNDFORGEAudioStudio16/SOUND_FORGE_Audio_Studio_16.1.0.47_INT_x86_220914_08-48_7ABB9A29.exe  and  http://dl-de01.magix.net//2022/SOUNDFORGEAudioStudio16/SOUND_FORGE_Audio_Studio_16.1.0.47_INT_x64_220914_09-28_A0F7936A.exe

robert-p wrote on 10/25/2022, 3:31 PM

@robert-p You might to need to disable the new Windows 11 feature "Smart App Control". This feature will block all apps that are not certified. As far as I know, Sound Forge currently isn't certified for "Smart App Control".

It's also possible, that something is broken on Magix servers. Over the last couple of days some users in this forum weren't able to download Sound Forge.

Try the following direct download links http://dl04.magix.net/2022/SOUNDFORGEAudioStudio16/SOUND_FORGE_Audio_Studio_16.1.0.47_INT_x86_220914_08-48_7ABB9A29.exe  and  http://dl-de01.magix.net//2022/SOUNDFORGEAudioStudio16/SOUND_FORGE_Audio_Studio_16.1.0.47_INT_x64_220914_09-28_A0F7936A.exe

Made my day work perfect. Thanks so much. How I wish the Magix figured this out before they send out new software to purchasers who were ready to move away from the product all together.

Anyway, now I can do some sound work. :)

mary-o wrote on 10/28/2022, 9:14 AM

Hello all, I was wondering if I could enlist your help or suggestions. I have been recording numerous on-line e-learning tutorials lately. Obviously the editing/file splitting is the most time consuming. I have Sound Forge version 16. Is there a feature where I can de-breath the raw audio or would I need a separate plugin? If it can be done on the software...can someone provide a step-by-step suggestion on how I can add this to by recordings? If I need a plug-in, do you have suggestions for this and how to install? Many Thanks! Mary

rraud wrote on 10/28/2022, 12:04 PM

Hi @mary-o, There is no native de-breath tools within Sound Forge. iZotope's RX Advanced suite has a de-breath tool which is popular (but RX Adv. ain't cheap if you are on a budget). Wave Audio makes a single de-breath plug-in, but historically, Wave's plug-ins are problematic in SF... though... folks have recently reported that Wave's VST-3 plugs function as they should in the latest build of SFP 16.1. I think SpectraLayers Pro has a de-breath process, but I do not know if it is fully automatic like RX and Waves. SLP is included with the SF Pro Suite version (and IMHO is worth the upgrade price alone, even w/o an auto de-breath tool). I am sure there are other de-breath plug-ins and/or stand-alone tools available .. search.

xman_charl wrote on 10/28/2022, 1:00 PM

screen capture of iZotope's breath control

drmq wrote on 11/3/2022, 5:52 AM

hi @drmq, to my knowledge, the adding /NOVSTGROVEL to the target path as a way to skip the vst scan has not been available since version 13...you'll have to disable the scan internally.

That's right and in Sound Forge Audio Suite you can't disable the scan internally, so this why I'm here telling you that I'm not upgrading because of this.

Larry-Hammond wrote on 11/4/2022, 9:07 AM

Unable to activate my 365 version of Audio Studio 16. Problem began when I tried using the program about 4 days ago and it said my license had expired. Reinstalled and still have same message - license has expired. Tried manual registration and it said the serial number was in use.

emmrecs wrote on 11/4/2022, 9:10 AM

@Larry-Hammond

You need to contact infoservice@magix.net and ask them to check your subscription and licence details.

HTH

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Samplitude Pro X7 Suite, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

Michael-Francis wrote on 12/17/2022, 5:19 AM

Using new Sound Forge Audio Studio 16. Will NOT export to MP3 file. An error occurred opening a codec. Answers???

rraud wrote on 12/17/2022, 9:16 AM

Hi @Michael-Francis,

Try resetting Sound Forge and clearing the cache. 'File> "Reset all preferences and clear cached data"
.. Alternately (or If you cannot open Sound Forge to access the File menu), hold down the 'Ctrl+Shift' keys, whilst launching SF, which usually opens the reset/clear cache tool.

Michael-Francis wrote on 12/17/2022, 10:12 AM

I don't know what the issue was...so I installed Audio Stuido 15, and all works. SO for now I'm happy with that. And the interfaced looks the same as AS 16.

emmrecs wrote on 1/22/2023, 8:45 AM

@Gilbert-romero

Your post here has been hidden because this thread is about feedback for Sound Forge Audio Studio 16 and you are asking about Acid 10.0!

Please do not create posts where the existing thread is about a completely different product but rather create a new thread with your question ensuring you select ACID as your product.

Thank you.

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Samplitude Pro X7 Suite, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

RobertAnthony wrote on 7/6/2023, 7:35 PM

When trying to install, it gives an error code instructing me to connect to the internet.....I am connected.

Using FireFox - Obviously I'm connected if I'm on this page and commenting
Microsoft Edge did not work either"
VPN is logged out
The other programs downloaded and installed.

How do I finish the install? Anyone else experience this?

SP. wrote on 7/7/2023, 12:27 AM

@RobertAnthony Windows Defender might be blocking Sound Forge. Disable Windows Defender temporarily or create a rule for Sound Forge. Then try again.

rraud wrote on 7/7/2023, 10:34 AM

@RobertAnthony, try downloading the unpacked install files here .. (WeTransfer). Let us know if you also need 32 bit Sound Forge, Music Maker and Update Notifier, which are in the troublesome Download Manager.

drmq wrote on 11/7/2023, 5:06 PM

Just a quick follow up on my post. Sound Forge Audio Studio 17 has totally solved this issue (VST scans delaying the opening of a file). Plugins are now scanned in a separate thread and you can start editing a file right away. Phenomenal work. Thank you Sound Forge team.

Welcome to the Magix Sound Forge users community @cornell-webb.

FWIW, the VST scan can be disabled when launching Sound Forge Pro. I do not know if the command will work in Audio Studio.
Please start a new topic.

Thank you. I already created a separate topic. I tried several approaches and I wasn't able to disable VST scan at the start:

https://www.magix.info/us/forum/disable-vst-scan--1263813/

I would upgrade to the latest version of SOUND FORGE Audio Studio if I was able to do so easily in the settings. I need to open and close my sound editor every day multiple times so the 2s of the VST scan make a huge difference. I don't mind that the VST scan takes place when I open the plugin manager or the favorites window in SF but if I only need to record an idea or trim and normalize a wave file I don't understand why I have to waste my time scanning changes in my VST's (some of them are regularly updated). Please give us that option! Unfortunately I can't afford to buy the Pro version only for this feature but I would be willing to pay 50-100eur easily for that option.

Robert-Seitz wrote on 11/13/2023, 3:14 PM

Trying to activate SF16 on Gateway notebook with win 7. All is fine except online reg fails says server busy or network issue which is NOT the case. Tried creating activation code online, will not accept my computer ID and I have checked and double checked syntax. Very frustration for software that has been bought and PAID for for a number of years. The software boots up and works fine with exception of 20 uses of MP3 save.

SP. wrote on 11/13/2023, 3:42 PM

@Robert-Seitz Computer ID is generated inside old Magix software that was released before 2014. This isn't possible with new software.

You can try to temporarily disable your firewall or Windows Defender. Maybe it works. Windows 7 is out of consumer level support since early 2020 and since then Magix dropped Windows 7 compatibility. So it might not work with Sound Forge 16, which came out two years later in 2022.