Sound Forge Audio Studio 15 stopped working

Manuel-Vinas wrote on 12/27/2021, 10:44 AM

Hi, I will appreciate your help with this Issue. I installed this Software like 1 month ago but yesterday it didn't work. The only change that I did previously to run Sound Forge Audio Studio 15 was installing the Logitech Application G Hub. I uninstalled this app and Sound Forge. Then I installed only SFAS 15 but the problem continued.

Comments

rraud wrote on 12/27/2021, 3:01 PM

Does Sound Forge launch or just does not playback audio? Do all audio files exhibit the same behavior? If the audio is just not being heard in SF, check the audio device settings in "Options> Preferences> Audio". Does audio playback normally in other applications?
Otehrwise, I am not familiar with the Logitech G Hub.

btw, holiday greetings and welcome to the Magix Sound Forge users community @Manuel-Vinas

Manuel-Vinas wrote on 12/27/2021, 6:45 PM

Thank you rraud for your help. The software doesn't start. After show the screen with the logo and is initializing it pop up a window that says that it stopped working and asking to send a Log with the failure details.

craig-d wrote on 12/28/2021, 3:50 AM

hi! perhaps forcing a reset of the program would fix it...here's how you can do it:

Hold CNTRL + Shift and double click on the Sound Forge startup icon. It will ask 'Do you want to reset all Sound Forge Pro preferences to default values? You should check the box that says 'Delete all cached application data' and then click 'Yes'. Then try again to open the program.

maybe this will help...in any event, it's worth a try.

Manuel-Vinas wrote on 12/29/2021, 2:09 PM

Hi Craig, this solution worked great. I was able to do your suggestion and the Software could start again as originally was.

Thank you so much for your help.

craig-d wrote on 12/30/2021, 3:58 AM

great to hear! i'm glad you're back up and running!