Sound Forge Audio Studio 14

Major-Mayhem wrote on 5/8/2021, 10:35 AM

Windows 10. i7 cpu, nvidia gtx660 graphics, 32GB ram. When using tools/Vinyl Restoration, the recording restarts at the beginning after pausing side 1 to record side 2 erasing the recording of side 1. I cannot find an obvious setting to resolve this. Although starting fresh for each side is do-able, it's a pain in the ass re-writing the info for artist, album, genre. Does anyone know of a fix?

Comments

rraud wrote on 5/8/2021, 11:16 AM

welcome to the Magix Sound Forge users forum @Major-Mayhem .

I am not very familiar with AS (Audio Studio), but in Sound Forge Pro if 'Stop' (Spacebar) is selected instead of 'Pause' (Enter), resuming record overwrites the previous data.

Otherwise record both sides of an LP separately and paste in side 2, use the Event mode or use Open> 'Merge' to add it to Side 1.
btw, the best practice is to save audio in a PCM format (typically <.wav>) and encode an end-user MP3 or other lossy file types when editing/mastering is complete.

Major-Mayhem wrote on 5/8/2021, 1:18 PM

Thanks for the reply but not the answer to this glitch. Spacebar only switches the monitor on, enter resets to do a new recording. Clicking on the pause button does not allow the recording to continue from where it is paused at. Something is fooked as my previous versions of this software when it was Sony did not have this problem. I will go back to that before I have to pay more for this software which I originally got free with a Sony turntable. I have contacted Magix support which is difficult to do after going thru a throng of FAQs before I could get to email support. I hate to be a stickler but I demand that software that I pay for work properly without having to pay more for fixes/upgrades

rraud wrote on 5/9/2021, 9:08 AM

I hear you. Submitting a support request is a twelve + step process. Magix should also fix bugs in a version prior to releasing an 'upgrade' which in many instances bugs still exist. btw, forum moderators are not Magix staff.