Comments

PATIENT-X wrote on 4/22/2021, 6:52 AM

@David-Parry

Hello, Welcome

As no one has responded yet I will try to help you, is it because of your recording mode?

Modes
Automatic retake      Automatic retake mode is the easiest method of recording. Recording begins at the 
(automatically rewind)     position displayed in the Start box when you click the Record button ( ) and 
continues until you click the Stop button ( ). When you stop recording, the start 
position resets to the beginning of the take, allowing for immediate review and 
retake. 
Multiple takes     Multiple takes mode allows you to record several takes in succession. Recording 
begins at the position displayed in the Start box when you click the Record button 
( ) and continues until you click the Stop button ( ). When you stop recording, 
the stop position becomes the start position for the next take, which can be recorded 
immediately. 

Punch-In mode is used to record over a specific selection in an existing data window. 
Specifying Punch-In activates the Start, End, and Length boxes. Recording begins at 
the position displayed in the Start box when you click the Record button ( ) and 
continues until one of the following occurs: 
• You click the Stop button ( ). 
• The cursor in the data window reaches the position displayed in the End box. 
• The length of the recorded data equals the value in the Length box. 
Punch-In mode makes it possible to record over a specific section of audio without the 
risk of affecting the remainder of the audio file. You can preview the punch-in region 
by clicking the Play button ( ). 
Tip: You can specify a recording length using the current status format by typing 
numbers in the End or Length boxes.

I hope this may help, in other articles someone had similar issue to you because they were using Punch in Mode?

Forum Moderator 

Pc self build by me.

Azza Pyramid 804 case

Intel Core i5-13600K Processor 3.5GHz

Kingston FURY Beast 32GB (16GB x 2) 4800MHz DDR5

Geforce RTX2080 Founders edition

Firecuda 530 1tb SSD Nvme

Team Group T-FORCE DELTA MAX RGB LITE 2.5" 1TB SATA III

Corsair RM1000x 80 PLUS Gold Fully Modular ATX 1000 Watt Power Supply

5in LCD Screen

Lian Li UNI SL120 V2 triple fans

MSI Meg Unify Z690 motherboard

rraud wrote on 4/22/2021, 9:25 AM

Does recording stop at the exact 10 minute duration in each instance?
What sample rate / bit depth are you recording?..High sample rates use more data The max file size for a standard Windows PCM Wave file is inherently 2GB. This can be changed though, at least in SF Pro.
FWIW, a 44.1kHz /16 bit setting will eat up approx 5MB per track/minute. Clear out all the SF temp audio files as well.

As @PATIENT-X eluded to, confirm the auto timer is disabled, it could be set to 10 min.

David-Parry wrote on 4/24/2021, 9:05 AM

Thank you both for your suggestions. I will try the Patient-X suggestion of entering a time-length before recording. I don't do punch n roll - I usually record my pick-ups at then end and then cut n paste into place. Re the cursor, I use it as standard. rraud: Basic settings - 44.1-Hz/16-bit and sometimes 48Hz/24-bit if client required. I use SF regular, not the Pro version. I'll try to remove the SF-temp files. I'll also try to disable the auto-timer. I'll let you now how I progress.