Comments

Munenushi wrote on 9/9/2016, 4:24 PM

Although this may not directly help you with your specific issue, I will mention this, in case it may help:

I purchased ACID Music Studio before it was bought out by MAGIX and my Serial Number is not "recognized" at my MAGIX account site/page (it does not show up, etc). I have to go to the Sony Creative Software site to retrieve my Serial Number (it shows up there and works fine for me).

This may not be your specific issue, since my version is still operating fine, but you can try go to that site to see if your Music Studio program information is 'still associated with Sony' at this time (for now), perhaps.

http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/

fgruenebaum wrote on 9/16/2016, 5:04 PM

I have been using this software from Sony for many years. My computer crashed recently and I lost all my programs.

I have 2 copies of Sound Forge Audio Studio 10. I bought one, it didn't work so I bought a 2nd. one. This doesn't work either. Got your antidote. Went into the Registry and followed all instructions, and still it didn't work. I bought the last one from the Amazon website on 09/07/16.

I am running Windows XP 3 and in the past it has worked. Why does it not work now?

Please help me.

Fred Gruenebaum

Munenushi wrote on 9/18/2016, 2:57 AM

I have been using this software from Sony for many years. My computer crashed recently and I lost all my programs.

I have 2 copies of Sound Forge Audio Studio 10. I bought one, it didn't work so I bought a 2nd. one. This doesn't work either. Got your antidote. Went into the Registry and followed all instructions, and still it didn't work. I bought the last one from the Amazon website on 09/07/16.

I am running Windows XP 3 and in the past it has worked. Why does it not work now?

Please help me.

Fred Gruenebaum

Hmmm... there could be a few reasons why it no longer works, including automatically installed Windows Updates; but as you are running Windows XP, automatic updates by Microsoft is probably not the case (as XP is no longer Supported by Microsoft). There could still be something else that updated itself, interfering with how Sony's software runs on your system. Hopefully it isn't a virus or other harmful source... (since you state that your computer "Crashed" and then did not work properly, you could try installing some Anti-Virus program on your system and running a complete scan, if you like). Some programs automatically update themselves and may update Libraries or System Files that Windows uses (eg. Drivers for your video adapter, etc), which may have altered how your system works with Audio Studio. This could have caused a problem, as well.

Although Amazon may have some information on your purchase, I recommend that you go to the Sony software site to try look at your Account and list of registered software. You should find your Serial Numbers there. It sounds like this is something that either Sony Support or MAGIX Support should help you with... retrieving your Serial Numbers to give them might help you too, showing them that you purchased the program and allowing them to see what version you bought. I think direct Support from Sony or MAGIX would help you the most now, but that is just a suggestion...

Hopefully things start working for you soon!