Sound Forge 17 S# not working for POST 365 acc.

Salvador-Pelaez wrote on 6/30/2023, 2:52 PM

Still waiting on MAGIX to reply on this nonsense. In the mean time lets try my luck here.
MAGIX upgraded SF16 to 17. Well that has crewed up my SF S#. It won't let me register.
POST 365 accounts have SF included. I have a SF S#.. ok? I'm not using the Vegas S# to register SF.😂
If you have a 365 acc. All upgrades should apply to it... if not, this is a waste of time and money.

Comments

SP. wrote on 6/30/2023, 3:20 PM

@Salvador-Pelaez I don't think that the Vegas 365 subscription also includes a Sound Forge 365 subscription. Sound Forge will likey stay on version 16. This would be my guess.

rraud wrote on 7/1/2023, 10:30 AM

The installation file for the perpetual version and the subscription version (365) may be different, and an activation serial for SF 365 cannot be used to activate a perpetual version (or vice-versa).
Vegas Pro and Vegas Post include SFAS-16. Vegas Edit does not include Sound Forge.

Salvador-Pelaez wrote on 7/1/2023, 8:15 PM

I have a Vegas POST 365 Suite account. Sound Forge 17 was downloaded from that account with their Download manager. I had SF 16 Installed with no problem... when they came with version 17 it got screwed up... They have not said a word yet.

Guys please read carefully my post.

This is the SF on my Suite account.

SOUND FORGE Pro (VEGAS POST Suite 365)

Registration date:11/06/2020

it is not SF Studio or some stripped down version.

Salvador-Pelaez wrote on 7/1/2023, 8:20 PM

@Salvador-Pelaez I don't think that the Vegas 365 subscription also includes a Sound Forge 365 subscription. Sound Forge will likey stay on version 16. This would be my guess.

yes it does

SOUND FORGE Pro (VEGAS POST Suite 365) and the download manager for my account downloaded SF17

Registration date:11/06/2020

SP. wrote on 7/2/2023, 4:32 AM

@Salvador-Pelaez The Vegas 365 installer will include everything that comes with the normal Vegas 20 installer. If you can't get it to work you definitely need to contact sales support at infoservice@magix.net

rraud wrote on 7/2/2023, 11:08 AM

Sound Forge Audio Studio is included with Vegas Pro and Vegas Post SF 'Pro' was included up until Vegas Pro 18, but that was changed. AFAIK, the Vegas 'Pro Suite' was renamed Vegas Post.

Otherwise, an activation serial for SF Pro cannot be used to activate SF Audio Studio or vice-versa. Magix customer support should be in touch with you soon. They do not work weekends.

Salvador-Pelaez wrote on 7/3/2023, 7:44 AM

Sound Forge Audio Studio is included with Vegas Pro and Vegas Post SF 'Pro' was included up until Vegas Pro 18, but that was changed. AFAIK, the Vegas 'Pro Suite' was renamed Vegas Post.

Otherwise, an activation serial for SF Pro cannot be used to activate SF Audio Studio or vice-versa. Magix customer support should be in touch with you soon. They do not work weekends.

Since My first post I said that I'm still waiting for them to reply to me to fix their screw up. It's been days.....
Months and months paying for the account and no luck. They change the deal and now the S# does not work.

Not only they stripped down the bundle, now they charge more.. LOL. SO NOW I'm stuck with a PRO SF serial number and they put on the download a stripped down version and didn't update the S#.

I have not heard a peep from them yet... It's been days and days and days... SO! since they upgraded SF, I've been stuck. They should pay back the months that I have not been able to use the software included in the 365 bundle... in my case, SF17! I'm stuck with a SF Pro S# that they have not updated.

1 - Option one to get their attention: Switch payment method by changing my bank card to my PayPal business card, then going into PayPal options and block the vendor (MAGIX) from further charges.
Watch them contact me faster than lighting.

2- OR do the evil thing😲....and Patch SF😱???
I sell Virtual instruments and having your product pirated is just down dirty. I'm a victim of that as well.
But in this case... who is screwing who?

I think I should just delete my 365 acc. and buy the perpetual Vegas Edit and NOT waste more money with a company with such bad tech support.

SP. wrote on 7/3/2023, 7:55 AM

@Salvador-Pelaez Try the following. Visit https://www.magix.com/int/support/my-service-center/product-downloads/ and enter your SF 365 serial number. Then download and install it. This site should give you the correct installer. You might have installed a non-365 version.

Salvador-Pelaez wrote on 7/3/2023, 7:56 AM

@Salvador-Pelaez The Vegas 365 installer will include everything that comes with the normal Vegas 20 installer. If you can't get it to work you definitely need to contact sales support at infoservice@magix.net

Contacted them days ago... No word but their auto reply..."if you need to add more details bla bla"
I think I should read the signs well and delete my 365. I have Tons of assets. I have an Adobe acc.
So l think I should stop the unnecessary contributions to MIGIX by paying for 365 bundle that has not worked right for years with their constant crashes, lack of format support, (MVK or converted MVK to MP4 not loading using VLC).

One of their tech should be head first here in their FORUM trying to help people, and posting proper tech resolutions. Even the way they have handled their different forum has been very discouraging to post any issue.

Salvador-Pelaez wrote on 7/3/2023, 8:11 AM

@Salvador-Pelaez Try the following. Visit https://www.magix.com/int/support/my-service-center/product-downloads/ and enter your SF 365 serial number. Then download and install it. This site should give you the correct installer. You might have installed a non-365 version.

I actually downloaded from their Download Center that corresponds to my account. I don't see how I would have downloaded the wrong installer. But I'll try that later. Thanks!

Salvador-Pelaez wrote on 7/4/2023, 7:47 AM

Product Download

Serial number

P3-78xxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx....

Recognized Product: SOUND FORGE Pro (VEGAS POST Suite 365)

Downloads

"No downloads are available for the selected product". 😡😡😡😡😡😡

Like I said... They screw me over. They have not replied to me yet.
ANNUAL SUBSCRIPTION End Nov 6th 2023 VEGAs post 365

SP. wrote on 7/4/2023, 8:03 AM

@Salvador-Pelaez Write another e-mail to infoservice@magix.net

Create additionally a support ticket. Click on the SUPPORT link at top of this page and then select your product. On the next page scroll down until you can click on Contact Support and create your ticket.

rraud wrote on 7/4/2023, 9:27 AM

Create additionally a support ticket

@Salvador-Pelaez, the support ticket form is a bit confusing, see these step-by-step instructions
https://www.magix.info/us/forum/sound-forge-display-font--1264650/#ca1822142

Salvador-Pelaez wrote on 7/5/2023, 3:42 PM

@Salvador-Pelaez Write another e-mail to infoservice@magix.net

Create additionally a support ticket. Click on the SUPPORT link at top of this page and then select your product. On the next page scroll down until you can click on Contact Support and create your ticket.

Already have a support ticket...... waiting and waiting..... They rather want you to stay with one support ticket to prevent unwanted repetitions but hey!. They never reply!.
Gonna send 10 emails to infoservice@magix.net 😡😅😭😣😤😤😤

These people have the worst tech support that I've ever seen.

Salvador-Pelaez wrote on 7/5/2023, 3:43 PM

Create additionally a support ticket

@Salvador-Pelaez, the support ticket form is a bit confusing, see these step-by-step instructions
https://www.magix.info/us/forum/sound-forge-display-font--1264650/#ca1822142

They make it as hard as possible to discourage you from sending a tech support request. Seen it too many times.
This is ridiculous

Salvador-Pelaez wrote on 8/9/2023, 10:41 AM

OK guys! After a long wait; months of not being able to use SF because my S# was messed up on their end with the SF17 upgrade, they finally solve the problem by granting me a full SF perpetual licence.
They can't figure out what went wrong because I was never told what was the problem ( I asked countless times) .
So this coming November I will not continue with my current Vegas POST 365 account, I will terminate and start from scratch with a new fresh Vegas Post 365 subs or just buy Vegas and it's plugins.

Thank you all for trying to help! This one should go on their records and review this experience to better improve their S# upgrade system and prevent all of these issues.
(Recap: My VEGAS POST 365 was not properly updated after changing SF16 to SF17) Solved by compensation.

Best regards,