Comments

SP. wrote on 8/29/2024, 1:38 AM

@Daniel-dribeirosg This is very likely caused by Firewall or Antivirus. Seems like you didn't deactivate it correctly.

Daniel-dribeirosg wrote on 8/29/2024, 11:38 AM

I disabled them all, but it didn't solve the problem! Would there be any executable files already decompressed from Sound Forge 17?

john_barr wrote on 8/29/2024, 12:15 PM

@Daniel-dribeirosg

Are you trying to install Sound Forge Audio Studio 17?

john_barr wrote on 8/29/2024, 12:20 PM

See if the installer appears in the Magix Downloads folder, located in Documents, and perform an offline installation.

rraud wrote on 8/29/2024, 12:35 PM

If the unpacked installer has not successfully downloaded to your 'Documents> Magix Downloads' folder as @john_barr stated, or is missing, state what version of SF-17 you have (Audio Studio or Pro). We can give you a link to download the unpacked installer.

btw, welcome to the Magix Sound Forge users community @Daniel-dribeirosg.

john_barr wrote on 8/29/2024, 12:44 PM

Hi, @rraud

Do you know if Magix will release any updates for Sound Forge 18?
Sound Forge 18 was released in March and no updates have been released.

Daniel-dribeirosg wrote on 8/29/2024, 2:03 PM

I'm trying to install version 17 that I bought from magix

emmrecs wrote on 8/30/2024, 3:42 AM

@Daniel-dribeirosg

Assuming your screenshot was taken after a pause of some minutes it seems that, as @SP. wrote, something on your computer, most likely your firewall and/or antivirus, is blocking the connection to or from the Magix download server.

Only you can "unblock" the download by carefully checking the security settings for your computer.

Do you have full administrator rights on your computer?

Jeff
Forum Moderator

EDIT: to add for clarification. What happens with Magix software is that the initial "installer" you are trying to run is actually a Download Manager, whose purpose is to connect to the Magix servers, and then download the actual installation files. Once that is complete the manager will then start the actual installation process.

IOW, as things stand at the moment, your thread title is not correct since the actual software has NOT downloaded. Hence, no installation is happening.

Last changed by emmrecs on 8/30/2024, 3:47 AM, changed a total of 1 times.

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam