Sound Force 17

Viljoensio-Kumpuilainen wrote on 6/9/2023, 4:13 AM

Miksi Windows 11 ei anna tallenaa Microft Wavia SF 17, ei tallenna wav-muodossa. Antaa SF 15 :ssa tallentaa

Viljoensio Kumpulainen Email address removed by Moderator

"Why Windows 11 won't let you record Microsoft Wave SF 17, won't save in wav format. Allows SF 15 to record."

Comments

emmrecs wrote on 6/9/2023, 5:35 AM

@Viljoensio-Kumpuilainen

Please do NOT post your email address, these are public forums, not Magix support.

And please do NOT post the same thing twice! Your second post has been hidden.

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

rraud wrote on 6/10/2023, 11:35 AM

Do you have SF Pro or Audio Studio and what are your 'new file' settings for recording. (typically 44.1kHz, 16 (or 24) bit for audio only.

Bobby-Clements wrote on 6/11/2023, 9:43 PM

I recently bought SFP17 but it is not successfully downloading to my Win 10 computer, even after I uninstalled whatever it installed and restarted my computer, changed Internet servers and downloaded it again.

How can I find out if it is not from MAGIX but from a hacker?

I don't think this MAGIX is a hacker but the Internet is full of them and they can look like MAGIX.

Thanks. Please do not delete this message until you know I have a success with the download of that SFP17.

I did buy a "Backup CD" for that program with that program and it is expected to be at my house by 6-16-23

emmrecs wrote on 6/12/2023, 3:57 AM

@Bobby-Clements

Inevitable question: where, exactly, did you buy your copy of SFP17? If you bought directly from the genuine Magix website there is very little chance of you having a "hacked" copy, I think.

No-one is going to delete your message because only Moderators can do that and we take that action or, more commonly, hide a post only if the content is a rant, uses offensive language or is potentially libellous, or similarly fails to follow the Community rules.

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

Bobby-Clements wrote on 6/12/2023, 5:30 PM

Good News! I found my problem. When I downloaded your program, I chose "open" instead of "save". That is why it refused my SFP17 serial number.

Then I downloaded it again and chose "save". Yes, it works perfect now. I just learned that "open" makes me lose all kind of information and it confuses my computer but "save" is always the one I click on from now on.

😊

Bobby-Clements wrote on 6/13/2023, 10:33 PM

Emmrecs, when my trial for SFP17 was over, it gave me the option to buy it. That is where I bought it. Don't worry, my problem was not the program but the way I was installing it. It's ok now.

Bobby-Clements wrote on 6/28/2023, 7:34 PM

What is the benefits for saving it in 16, 24 or 32 bit Stereo? In other words, how does the end result change from those three settings?

rraud wrote on 6/29/2023, 11:13 AM

What is the benefits for saving it in 16, 24 or 32 bit Stereo?

It depends. Firstly, always edit in the PCM format (.wav). When all editing is complete, an MP3 or other lossy format file can be encoded for end-users or streaming
If the file was originally recorded in 16 bits, converting to 24 or 32 will not improve the sound. When the file is opened in Sound Forge, all processing will (automatically) be in the FP32 (floating point 32 bit) format. If the levels are extremely low, saving as 24 bits will maintain low level sound quality better like reverb tails and fades.
btw, most spoken word material does contain any spacial information and does not need be saved as two-channel (stereo) file. A single channel mono file (PCM) will be half the size of a stereo file and processes will complete faster. This does not apply to lossy file types however

SP. wrote on 6/29/2023, 2:42 PM

@Bobby-Clements

What is the benefits for saving it in 16, 24 or 32 bit Stereo? In other words, how does the end result change from those three settings?

Especially with 16 bit files you'll lose information on very(!) quiet parts of the recording. If you later want to boost these parts to make them louder you'll have a much louder noise floor and distortion in these quiet parts. 16 bit recordings will lose all sounds quieter than -96 dB.

If everything is recorded at a good volume level this shouldn't be an issue.

24 bit goes down to -144 dB which is usually much lower than any sound hardware can go, so that's more than enough.

32 bit might be relevant for sound design or forensic sound analysis or acoustic science etc.

Bobby-Clements wrote on 6/30/2023, 9:55 PM

Thanks. I made some 24 bit CDs from my vinyl records and I saved them in a louder volume level in the (.wave) format.

I have experienced my vehicle stereo making those 24 bit CDs very warm to hot when I play several as loud as it could play them on a 2017 factory stereo with its factory 350 watt Amp?

Maybe I played them too loud or the older stereos like the 16 bit better?

johnebaker wrote on 7/1/2023, 2:58 AM

@Bobby-Clements

Hi

. . . .  I made some 24 bit CDs . . . .

If you burned a to a true CD format then the audio is 16 bit.

However if you burned as a data disc ie copied audio files direct to the disc then this is possible, however not all players will read these.

I have all my music on a USB flash drive which is plugged into the car audio system which can read/play from the flash drive.

. . . . vehicle stereo making those 24 bit CDs very warm to hot when I play several as loud . . . Maybe I played them too loud or the older stereos like the 16 bit better? . . .

Some in car CD players do tend to get hot and it is this heat coming from the player electronics especially when playing loud, that makes them warm and can get very hot when the dashboard/player is in direct sunlight.

John EB
Forum Moderator

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

rraud wrote on 7/1/2023, 10:08 AM

8,16, 24, 32 the playback volume cannot exceed 0.0dBFS. FP32 can prevent digital clipping, but the max loudness will still be the same when rendered to an end user format.. A volume maximizer (aka, peak limiting) can be used to make the average volume louder, but that affects the dynamic range (sound) (pros and cons).
As @johnebakerstated, an 'Audio CD' (CD-A) is inherently16 bits@johnebakerno matter what source file's attributes are.

Danny-Gilbert wrote on 7/1/2023, 11:45 AM

I just reinstalled my operating system, went to my account and deactivaed and reactivated Vegas pro 20 (which includes sound fiorge) I was able to successfully open Vegas post, but sound forge gives me this problem...

rraud wrote on 7/1/2023, 1:09 PM

sound forge gives me this problem.

Confirm the email address you use is the one you used when it was initially registered/activated. Your Sound Forge serial code and the email address your registered wth Magix are paired.. The email address you use to log-in to this forum may be different.

Otherwise, email Magix customer service.

Bobby-Clements wrote on 7/2/2023, 11:44 PM

Thanks Johnebaker, I believe you hit the target. I have always burned all my music on ordinary data CDs because I am not familiar where I can buy a music CD these days. I guess that's why they get hot on me when I play them loud in my vehicle radios.