Sound covered with hiss in Win 11

DJWE wrote on 4/1/2022, 11:23 AM

Hi I have a newer Lenovo ThinkPad T15 gen 2i runing Windows 11. All hardware and software is fully upgraded and optimised for lowest possible interrup and DPC-values. After installing version 16 of Sound Forge Audio Studio all sound is covered with a high level of hiss, making the software unusuable. The same software works without hiss my older Lenovo Flex 2-15 runing windows 10. Any ideas? Regards, Bertil

Comments

rraud wrote on 4/1/2022, 11:44 AM

Hi @DJWE, this 'sounds' like (no pun) the Low Latency noise issue. The noise could be caused by the Magix Audio Studio's Low Latency 2016 driver... Uninstalling the driver usually fixes it. See this comment from Magix:
 https://www.magix.info/us/forum/audio-issue--1290482/#ca1738999

An MP3 issue has been know to cause noist as well, so II would first try "Reset and clear cached data" In the 'File' menu.. then close and restart Sound Forge . This will reset your personal settings, so may need to redo those. The keyboard and layouts can be saved form the 'User> Appdata> Roaming> Magix..' folder. Other customizations are in the PC's registry and best left alone.

DJWE wrote on 4/3/2022, 12:04 PM

Thanks rraud! Deleting the Asio low latency driver entry in the registry got rid of the noice! 🙏 So far I've not noticed any negative results, do you know if there are any? 🙂 Regards, Bertil