Comments

rraud wrote on 12/27/2021, 6:01 PM

If you are looking for it in a VST directory it is not a VST plug-in. Track Compressor is a Direct X plug-in. Open "Fx Favorites> Organize ", open the Direct X folder and drag it to 'Favorites' where it will be available singularly. It will also be in the Fx Chainer as under Direct X plug-ins.

It should also show in "All" and "Sony" in the FX Oganize and Chainer.

If you have SF Pro, the Wave Hammer's first stage sounds the same as the Track Comp to me. WH's second stage has a (1176) vintage sounding leveler that make drums 'SLAM' nicely with 5 or more dBs of GR.

btw, season greetings @Dennis-Miller

Dennis-Miller wrote on 12/31/2021, 3:40 PM

Thank you for trying rraud, but unfortunately it is a bigger issue. This happened last time I had to completely reinstall Sound Forge... the compressor completely disappeared. This was back when it was Sony's product. They knew right away how to get it back, but I have forgotten the steps they game me. I miss Sony... Magix doesn't seem to care as much. Plus, ever since Magix got their fingers into Vegas Pro, it crashes ALL the time. I've never been able to get them to solve the problem. :(

Thanks for the Wave Hammer tip by the way. After playing with it a bit, that may work just fine.

Thanks for trying.

rraud wrote on 1/1/2022, 1:11 PM

@Dennis-Miller, what version of SCS Sound Forge Pro and the build # do you have ?

One my Win 10 PC, that file lives in:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Sony\Shared Plug-Ins\Audio\sftrkfx1.dll"
The Direct X Track Comp, is available in all the versions of SF I have installed.. SFP-10, 12, 14 and 15, including AS-12 and the trial version of AS-15..