Songs don’t play sound after burning with disc at once

Jeff-Border wrote on 10/18/2021, 2:30 AM

Just downloaded the trial of acid studio 10, considering upgrading from 8.0. Added some tracks to a project with cd track markers and burnt a cd using disc at once. All the songs appear to be on the disc, but there is no sound playing at all. Playback on the program is fine , but once it’s on disc, it plays and counts down each song properly, there just isn’t any sound actually playing. What could be the cause of this. Even media player recognizes the disc and acts like it’s playing just fine, minus any sound. Frustrating

Comments

emmrecs wrote on 10/18/2021, 3:42 AM

@Jeff-Border

Welcome to the Magix user to user forums.

What are you attempting to play the CD on, a computer or an "external" CD player? If it is the former, I suspect that Windows may have made one of its (potentially regular) "decisions" that your soundcard cannot be released to allow the disc to be heard, especially if you are using an ASIO driver and, possibly, ACID is still open.

Have you tried to play the disc on a "free-standing" CD player?

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

Jeff-Border wrote on 10/18/2021, 9:32 AM

I had updated my pc to windows 10 the same day I downloaded studio 10 and burned the disc. I attempted to play it on the pc using media player as well as a car player afterward with the same result on both, which is soundless. Therefore I’m not sure if it’s the studio software or something with the updates. Never using studio 10 prior, I noticed each track on the project looked a lil darker then expected but I made sure nothing was muted and program playback in general is fine