Song Collections

ProductionSavard wrote on 1/31/2024, 9:46 AM

Hi! i was surfing on the Producer Planet website, then i saw a couple of nice song collection. As a simple Soundpool user, i was wondering what are we supposed to do with a song already made by someone else. 
By exemple this one: AMBIENT ORGANIC By MAGIX

Are they simple projet that we can upload and edit as we like?
If you want my opinion, i would be more willing to buy the complet soundpool and make my own song from scratch.

Anyway, thanks in advance for the answer!

Comments

johnebaker wrote on 1/31/2024, 10:11 AM

@ProductionSavard

HI

Song collections are complete finished song compilations ie audio files, used, for example, as backing music to videos or slideshows.

John EB
Forum Moderator

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

ProductionSavard wrote on 1/31/2024, 10:19 AM

@ProductionSavard

HI

Song collections are complete finished song compilations ie audio files, used, for example, as backing music to videos or slideshows.

John EB
Forum Moderator

Hi,

Thanks johnebaker for your reply!

Does it mean I could also sell my finished songs on Producer Planet if I bought the commercial license? 

If so, do you know how I can do this?

SP. wrote on 1/31/2024, 10:23 AM

@ProductionSavard I believe most Song Collections from Magix are the Soundpool demo songs, but as an audio file, not as loop pack. It's simply stock music.

No, you can't sell your music on Producerplanet.com

ProductionSavard wrote on 1/31/2024, 10:30 AM

@ProductionSavard I believe most Song Collections from Magix are the Soundpool demo songs, but as an audio file, not as loop pack. It's simply stock music.

No, you can't sell your music on Producerplanet.com

Hi!
Thanks for your reply!

Well, it anwser my questions, it's clearly not for me, i can do my own songs haha & that's a shame they can sell their songs but we can't sell ours hahaha.

Fortunately there are plenty of other ways to sell our songs with the commercial licence, but it's still a shame since the goal is to encourage each other as Audio Producers, on a producer website.

Thanks again, and have a nice day!

browj2 wrote on 1/31/2024, 11:37 AM

@ProductionSavard

Hi,

Well, it anwser my questions, it's clearly not for me, i can do my own songs haha & that's a shame they can sell their songs but we can't sell ours hahaha.

For any songs that are actually built from the Soundpools/loops, "They" actually happen to be the copyright holder of the Soundpool/loops. You are not. "They" created the loops, you did not.

As well, if you create a song using the Soundpool loops, you can sell it so long as you have a Commercial Use license for the Soundpool containing the loops used and you follow whatever is indicated in the license. However, you may find that many commercial distributors will not accept loop-based songs. After all, you didn't actually create anything, you just strung a bunch of loops together created by others, and anyone can do that, including repeating exactly what you do.

Furthermore, even with a Commercial Use license, the license does not give you exclusivity and you do not hold the copyright to the loops. Thus, you cannot stop me or anyone else from purchasing and using the same loops.

Does it mean I could also sell my finished songs on Producer Planet if I bought the commercial license?

Perhaps to explain better the reply from @SP., you probably could sell your songs on ProducerPlanet but you have to go through Magix, sign a contract, follow the rules, etc. You cannot just upload songs and hope to sell them. If you have original productions, original music, not just loop-based songs using loops created by others, then contact Magix.

Here is a listing of the labels that sell Loops & Samples and Songs on Producer Planet:

Note that there are only 3 that sell songs on Producer Planet, including Magix.

John CB

John C.B.

VideoPro X(16); Movie Studio 2024 Platinum; MM2025 Premium Edition; Samplitude Pro X8 Suite; see About me for more.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Pro 22H2; MB ROG STRIX B560-A Gaming WiFi; Graphics Card Zotac Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX-3060, PS; Power supply EVGA 750W; Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.80GHz (UHD Graphics 630); RAM 32 GB; OS on Kingston SSD 1TB; secondary WD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB, 8TB; three monitors - HP 25" main, LG 4K 27" second, HP 27" third; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer.

Notebook - Microsoft Surface Pro 4, i5-6300U, 8 GB RAM, 256 SSD, W10 Pro 20H2.

YouTube Channel: @JCBrownVideos

ProductionSavard wrote on 1/31/2024, 11:48 AM

you’re right, i only strung a bunch of loop together, it’s still a nice start for a new producer who wants to learn further things to maie my own sounds. Don’t worry, i have the commercial license. And i don’t want to make my life more complicated just to sell on Producer Planet. It was only a question like that, as i will be published on the majority of streaming app for musics with Distrokid, awesome company! I recommend them! Low cost, easy setup and you keep 100% of what you make.

Ikonik wrote on 2/4/2024, 5:33 PM

"After all, you didn't actually create anything, you just strung a bunch of loops together created by others, and anyone can do that, including repeating exactly what you do."

Yep DJ Shadow, Prince Paul, Dust Brothers, Madlib, MF Doom, etc just strung a bunch of samples together created by others and anyone can do that!! Not everyone can string loops, samples together and make a decent beat, etc. I personally think you gotta have at least a decent ear for this sort of thing. Go check out producer planet and listen to some of the "Music" on there and tell me that "anyone can string loops together" Plus whats the chances of someone making the exact same beat as you at the same tempo, pitch,etc.

ProductionSavard wrote on 2/4/2024, 5:42 PM

Yeeeeep!

and i did a lot of song before its get even a bit listenable. HAHA. Like you said, nothing else to add, you are completely right!

It took me a complet month to make a decent beat, if never you wanna ear it. It is some Ambient Trap/Hip Hop : https://on.soundcloud.com/vbFvuKiiPxMAzsE1A

Ikonik wrote on 2/4/2024, 6:03 PM

@ProductionSavard I only started doing this in May last year and its only the last few months or so ive become halfway decent. So for anyone to say, anyone can string loops together etc and make a beat is a bit ignorant. Like i said, go listen to some of the "music" on producer planet and tell me that anyone can do it.

ProductionSavard wrote on 2/4/2024, 6:11 PM

Yeah i know hahaha i don’t really mind about those who criticize other even if they are right or just a lot better. Toxic people will always still toxic in everything they’re doing.

And yeah i know producer planet that's where i found the perfect loop bundle for me. I couldn’t wait for the price reduction, i took the royalty free license for 60$ and i could make 5 songs that I’ll gladly stream everywhere i can with Distrikid 🫶🏻

Ikonik wrote on 2/4/2024, 6:50 PM

@ProductionSavard yep if you wanna criticize or give me tips cos you been doing this longer than me then cool carry on, ill gladly accept help, etc. but dont tell me that anyone can do certain things when i can clearly hear, see that they cant!