[Solved] right click OPEN IN Sound forge pro 14 missing link

Clive-Delves wrote on 6/3/2021, 3:30 AM

Hi there

I have just noticed that the right click "open in SF" that is setup during installation is not working. A warning message comes up saying the scan for technology could not find something specific...

I have just installed the latest Vegas Pro 18 update, and I assume that the error was caused by this install...

SO haow to put it right? If try to run the SF pro 14 install again it says that I need to remove it first, BUT I prefer not losing any of my settings for SF pro 14..

Any ideas..??? cheers doobre

Comments

rraud wrote on 6/3/2021, 10:21 AM

@Clive-Delves, it would not have anything to do with a Sound Forge setting. Vegas Pro usually does not change SF or Windows menus either. Win 10 updates are the usual culprits. You could reinstall SF if it really bothers you..

Otherwise, adding right-click Open, 'Open with' commands and context menu entries can be done in a few ways. Two utilities I use regularly are 'Default Program Editor' and Nirsoft's 'OpenWithView'. Nirsoft has many other useful utilities as well . 'Default Program Editor' can do many other Widows customizations besides context menus.

Clive-Delves wrote on 6/3/2021, 11:48 PM

Hi there, thank you very much for your prompt reply and also the advice on other windows goodies.. I have often wanted to add some of my own 'right-click' alternatives, and you have steered me in that direction.. Big thanks..

doobre