Sidechaining in Acid Pro 8 with Ammunition

brian-macarevey wrote on 10/25/2018, 12:20 PM

Sidechaning is a new concept to me. It looks to be something that can be accomplished with Ammunition, but the only tutorials I've found online have nothing to do with Acid, and or may be using a different version of Ammunition. If anyone feels like giving a brief tutorial on how I might get started, it would be greatly appreciated!

Comments

sheppo wrote on 11/5/2018, 3:17 PM

I'm not familiar with am|munition, I think it's a samplitude-specific thing (according to google). Is it even possible to use it within Acid? Maybe since they're both Magix products?

Generally the problem with attempting to side-chain within Acid is the lack of proper audio routing, whereby you can route the output of a channel in to another channel. Or in to a VST, specifically.

It is possible to work around this limitation if you have a VST that can do its own internal routing. For example http://www.db-audioware.com/sidechain-compressor allows you to run two instances, one on your source channel which will be the source used to determine how much to compress by, and one on the output channel which you will effect.

I'm seriously hoping Magix are taking up audio routing issue and fixing it once and for all in a later version. SF and SMS sat on this issue for far too long.