SFP15 uninstall / reinstall failure

Kev38 wrote on 9/7/2023, 7:53 AM

SF Pro 15 started getting very flakey: missing scroll bars, no audio trace until I hit stop etc, so I decided to uninstall and reinstall the software. (I had saved the original installation software). Now it won't load at all. No SFP icon on the home screen, and when I try loading it from the files, using Forge 150 application, I just get the -1 error box. At the advice of tech support, I disabled Internet Explorer, but still no luck with loading the program. Any ideas what's going on and what I can do to bring it back to life?

Comments

SP. wrote on 9/7/2023, 8:02 AM

@Kev38 Try resetting the preferences. Hold CTRL and SHIFT and double click on the Sound Forge program icon to start the program. Keep holding CTRL and SHIFT until a small window appears that will ask you if you want to reset the program settings. Does this work for you?

rraud wrote on 9/7/2023, 9:41 AM

Hi @Kev38, If the above mentioned reset does not resolve the behavior, Uninstall using a third-party uninstaller like 'Revo Uninstall' that can remove the left-over registry entries and other pertinent data the OS uninstall leaves behind, which can cause issues to reoccur. Revo Uninstall has pro and freeware versions. The free version is adequate in most cases,

Download the latest build of SF-15 (assuming that is what you have) from the Magix Service Center and reinstall.

Kev38 wrote on 9/7/2023, 10:25 AM

OK, SP I tried that - no effect. I don't have a program icon on my home screen, it didn't install properly. rraud, I did the revo uninstall thing, downloaded the latest version from Magix, and when I try to install I get an error message saying my internet connection has a problem. It hasn't. I downloaded the prog ok and all other internet services are running fine.

johnebaker wrote on 9/8/2023, 2:59 AM

@Kev38

Hi

. . . . I don't have a program icon on my home screen, it didn't install properly . . . .

What is your computer specification? See this topic for the information required.

Please quote the processor, GPU make and model and the Windows version in full.

Are the graphics drivers up to date?

Which Antivirus program is installed/used?

John EB
Forum Moderator

Last changed by johnebaker on 9/8/2023, 3:00 AM, changed a total of 2 times.

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

Kev38 wrote on 9/8/2023, 5:14 AM

Hi everyone, problem solved. I re-enabled TLS 1.1,2 and3 in the internet properties options, and hey presto, it installed without any further problems. SF15 seems to be working properly as well. Thanks for all your help and comments

Cielspacing wrote on 9/27/2023, 11:14 AM

Hi everyone, problem solved. I re-enabled TLS 1.1,2 and3 in the internet properties options, and hey presto, it installed without any further problems. SF15 seems to be working properly as well. Thanks for all your help and comments

Unfortunately, enabling TLS3 (the only missing in internet properties options) did nothing to help my installation

GRB wrote on 10/7/2023, 5:00 PM

@Kev38 Try resetting the preferences. Hold CTRL and SHIFT and double click on the Sound Forge program icon to start the program. Keep holding CTRL and SHIFT until a small window appears that will ask you if you want to reset the program settings. Does this work for you?

Hey again @SP.

What exactly does "resetting the program settings" do again? Like audio driver, file folders, etc, or just internal program settings?

Cheers and may the Music Season be 24/7/365 !

Magix Installed & Loved: ACID Pro 11 / Samplitude Music Studio X8 / Music Maker 2025 Premium / Sound Forge Audio Studio 17 / SF Audio Cleaning Lab 4....

--- Current System: HP Laptop, 64bit, AMD Ryzen 5 7520U with Radeon Graphics, 16gb ram, 256gb SSD, running Win 11 Home and a Seagate 4TB external drive.

SP. wrote on 10/7/2023, 6:43 PM

@GRB I believe it resets everything, so it's like a fresh install.