SFACL4 Recording and Track Marker Recognition Problems

browj2 wrote on 6/16/2023, 7:27 AM

Hi,

Using Sound Forge Audio Cleaning Lab 4, but the same problem happens with 3.

I am trying to record narration/voice over and I want to have track markers (aka CD Markers) placed after pauses. It has worked in the past when recording from cassettes or ripping CD's and it is supposed to work with recording Voice and Audio Book.

The problem is that the recording gets shortened to one theoretical track, meaning one piece of audio instead of the 2 or more that I recorded with pauses in between. There is a track marker showing for that, but there should be a track marker for each part of the recording that has a pause.

Under Options menu, Options for Track Marker Recognition, there are 4 settings for audio source under the dropdown menu. I have selected Voice and audio book.Here is the default:

And here is what I want - min. pause 2 seconds (2000ms) and min. track length 6s.

For recording, select Speech. Note the default level of the green bar in the Recording level. This is the Pause threshold value -37 dB.

Under Settings, Auto CD track recognition is checked and Voice and audio book is selected by default. This is set by default when selecting the source on the above screen.

When I record a file with 3 parts of talking of at least 6 seconds and a few seconds pause in between, this is what I get - only one part shows up.

If I drag the right end out, I get the rest of the recording.

What I should get is the entire recording with track markers before the other two pieces of narration. I have tried many times on various tracks, different ways, with different settings. Once I got 2 out of 3 to show up, but only once.

EDIT: I just tried in a new project with 3 segments of narration with pauses between then and the first and third parts were trimmed, leaving only the middle with a track marker.

At the very least, I should not have part of the recording trimmed off.

Am I missing something here? Am I doing something wrong? Or is this a bug?

Thanks,

John CB

Last changed by browj2

John C.B.

VideoPro X(16); Movie Studio 2024 Platinum; MM2025 Premium Edition; Samplitude Pro X8 Suite; see About me for more.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Pro 22H2; MB ROG STRIX B560-A Gaming WiFi; Graphics Card Zotac Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX-3060, PS; Power supply EVGA 750W; Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.80GHz (UHD Graphics 630); RAM 32 GB; OS on Kingston SSD 1TB; secondary WD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB, 8TB; three monitors - HP 25" main, LG 4K 27" second, HP 27" third; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer.

Notebook - Microsoft Surface Pro 4, i5-6300U, 8 GB RAM, 256 SSD, W10 Pro 20H2.

YouTube Channel: @JCBrownVideos

Comments

browj2 wrote on 7/31/2023, 9:54 AM

Update on this. Magix has replied that these are know bugs.

I told them to add these to the other bugs that I sent in to Magix about SFACL4.

This is a great program but I find it ridiculous that Magix has not corrected any of these bugs in a timely manner.

John CB

John C.B.

VideoPro X(16); Movie Studio 2024 Platinum; MM2025 Premium Edition; Samplitude Pro X8 Suite; see About me for more.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Pro 22H2; MB ROG STRIX B560-A Gaming WiFi; Graphics Card Zotac Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX-3060, PS; Power supply EVGA 750W; Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.80GHz (UHD Graphics 630); RAM 32 GB; OS on Kingston SSD 1TB; secondary WD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB, 8TB; three monitors - HP 25" main, LG 4K 27" second, HP 27" third; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer.

Notebook - Microsoft Surface Pro 4, i5-6300U, 8 GB RAM, 256 SSD, W10 Pro 20H2.

YouTube Channel: @JCBrownVideos