SF 15 Can't See M-Track Audio Interface

William-Eimers wrote on 6/21/2021, 4:21 PM

I"ve just finished installing and setting up SF15 (Windows 10 64 bit). When I open it, it says "The M-Audio M-Track 2x2 is missing, or in use by another application". I still have SF11 installed, but it's closed. I've updated the M-Track drivers, and I've tried de-selecting the M-Audio in SF11, but still the same message. Any ideas? Thanks so much...

Bill

Comments

rraud wrote on 6/21/2021, 4:53 PM

I assume you rebooted the PC and checked for other apps that may have 'seized' the M-Audio device.

William-Eimers wrote on 6/26/2021, 12:28 PM

I did both, and everything else I can think of. I'm stuck! I did just email M-Audio tech support. If you have any other ideas, I'd appreciate it!

rraud wrote on 6/27/2021, 12:04 PM

Your M-Audio is available in SF-11 .. but not in SF-15?
Can you see it in SF-15's "Options> Preferences> Audio" 'device type' settings?

William-Eimers wrote on 6/27/2021, 12:29 PM

Yes, it’s not listed in 15. That’s the first thing I checked. But listed and working in 11

William-Eimers wrote on 6/27/2021, 1:29 PM

And even though it's not listed in Options>Preferences>Audio, SF 15 still seems to see it. The message I get when I open the program is "The M-Audio M-Track 2x2 ASIO audio device Out/1 Out/2 is missing, or in use by another program"

rraud wrote on 6/27/2021, 2:47 PM

I see folks recommending ASIO-4-ALL driver, on the Vegas Pro forum and elsewhere, maybe give that a try. It will not cost you anything (monetarily).

I am not familiar with the M-Audio interfaces, there may be a setting you have overlooked.

If the M-Audio support folks come up with a solution, please post it for other SF users who may have the same of similar problem at some point,

William-Eimers wrote on 6/27/2021, 3:04 PM

Installed, but no difference. Fingers crossed that the M-Audio people have a solution. thanks again for responding.