Setting custom LUFS levels?

crabbydad wrote on 7/12/2021, 11:41 AM

This is probably not doable but I thought I'd throw it out there: is there any way (in SF15) to set custom LUFS levels in Normalize/Loudness processing. As is, you can set the Program Loudness from -20 to -25 LUFS, but the standard we use for music in our games is -17 LUFS. Currently, I'm using a Waves WLM Plus 3rd party plugin to achieve this (which works pretty well) but I was just wondering if there's some kind of hack where one can bypass the SF presets and create our own (like we can for Average RMS level). Any ideas?

Comments

rraud wrote on 7/12/2021, 12:28 PM

iZotope's Ozone Elements (which is included with the later versions of Magix Sound Forge AS and Pro) has a "Master Assistant" tool. The target level setting can be changed in the master assistant options settings. Otherwise the defaults are for 'Streaming' or 'CD' (whatever that is). Ozone's MA ain't perfect though.. especially the auto EQ, but that can be bypassed prior rendering.You could create a preset in Ozone and add the preset to SF Pro's 'Instant Actions' utility to simplify the operation.

btw, welcome to the Magix Sound Forge users forum @crabbydad.

crabbydad wrote on 7/12/2021, 1:50 PM

Thanks, @rraud! I'll check out the "Master Assistant" tool. Sounds promising! (And thanks for the welcome!)