Setting Beats Per Minute

SuperSonic wrote on 4/30/2021, 4:11 AM

Alright, ladies and gentlemen. Once again I am exploring more of the program. As a lot of you know, I have been using MMM for over a decade now. Every day I learn new things, explore new features, play with the tiny instruments, and the like. Upon signing up for the Loops Unlimited a few months ago, I am finally able to start REALLY mixing some soundpools together. Sure is a lot more to play with than the 20 or so that I had purchased over the years. I am currently using MMM 2021 Premium edition. Which, correct me if I'm wrong, is the newest edition. Although I'm not positive of that, seeings how I get a message to upgrade.

Anyway, I am trying to mix some different soundpools together with several other ones, sometimes using a dozen at a time to try to come up with something new. This is something I haven't really dabbled in much in the past, with the exception of some of the collections of the same thing, if that makes any sense. Ok, so I am trying to mix some soundpools together which have different BPMs, and was wondering if there was a way to set the program so that it would set them all at the same speed when i drag them into the grid. So if I was trying to make something that I want to play at, say, 120 BPM, but I'm using a sound byte that is done at 85 BPM, is there a way to make it automatically adjust to the 120 mark without having to manually time stretch every sound that I pull into the grid? The ony way I have found so far is to do each one with an edit tool every time I drag something into the grid. Or if I am using soundpool(s) that have the same BPM, but its not the one I want, I make the track at what they recorded at, and then time stretch the entire track once I have all the sound bytes in place.

So, that's what I'm trying to figure out... if there's a way to set the program to adjust a byte automatically as soon as I drop it into the grid. Sure would make my life a ton easier, and speed up the process of coming up with some new stuff.

Thanks in advance in advance for any imput!

All the best,

~Ziggy

Comments

emmrecs wrote on 4/30/2021, 4:30 AM

@SuperSonic

I just tested this on my installation of MM 2021 Premium by first, setting the BPM to 80 on the Transport bar. I then inserted a loop which I knew to be 125 BPM. The transport bar BPM changed to 125. So I reset it to 80 (and the loop played at 80). I then inserted a different loop (whose default was also 125) and the transport bar BPM did NOT change and both loops played at 80 BPM.

Worth trying this on your computer?

In terms of version numbers: yes, MM 2021 is the latest (actual build number is 29.0.6.38) but if you are being "invited" to Upgrade I wonder whether you actually do have MM 2021 Premium? Because this was the first 64 bit release of the app, Magix view it as a new program and the previous practice of merely updating to the latest version actually gives you MM 2021 Free. To access MM 2021 Premium you must buy the upgrade and then receive a new activation code, which must be entered on the "Magix Account" tab of the opening screen. Did you do this?

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Samplitude Pro X7 Suite, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

SuperSonic wrote on 4/30/2021, 5:32 AM

Yea, I bought the premium version a few months ago. But it looks like there's a new version on the site. Or maybe its just a promotion for the same thing. Here's a snip of my splash page. I'll give that trick a go next time I tackle that project and let you know if it works. Sounds logical. I cant remember if I did that or not. I tried a grip of things, none of which worked, but I don't know if I did what you suggested. Thanks for the feedback. I'll certainly give it a go!

johnebaker wrote on 4/30/2021, 9:04 AM

@SuperSonic

Hi

. . . . But it looks like there's a new version on the site.  . . . .

The site is showing the version you have, however did you download and install all the Extra Content? If not this you must do.

Is the My Account tab the first to be displayed?

This may be because you have not redeemed your credits yet, however check your version number - the current patch is 29.0.6.38 - the My Account tab showing as the first thing was an issue that has been fixed to display the correct tab ie

John EB
Forum Moderator

Last changed by johnebaker on 4/30/2021, 9:06 AM, changed a total of 2 times.

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

SuperSonic wrote on 4/30/2021, 9:13 AM

Correct. I still have unredeemed credits. I think I have the extra content, but Im not sure. Is there a way to check that?

johnebaker wrote on 4/30/2021, 11:32 AM

@SuperSonic

Hi

Is there anything to download and install listed in the Downloads tab?

John EB

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

SuperSonic wrote on 4/30/2021, 1:09 PM

Not a thing. I'm thinking it must just be because I have unused credits. Everything on the program matches the numbers you guys have given me. So I don't think I'm behind on anything.