Comments

SP. wrote on 7/2/2021, 2:54 PM

@Jeremy-Yudkin What error message is shown? You can contact shop@magix.net or infoservice@magix.net for support but they don't work over the weekend. It is likely you won't get any response before next week.

Jeremy-Yudkin wrote on 7/2/2021, 3:10 PM

SP. wrote on 7/2/2021, 3:40 PM

@Jeremy-Yudkin Error -14 usually indicates that you enter a valid serial number into the wrong product. From where have you downloaded the installer? Are you sure you installed the correct version, for example SF Pro and not SF Audio Studio? There is also a difference between SF Pro Suite and SF Pro.

Have you bought the program from a different vendor? Error -14 can also appear if the vendor hasn't informed Magix of your purchase yet.

rraud wrote on 7/2/2021, 4:07 PM

Welcome to the Magix Sound Forge users forum @Jeremy-Yudkin.

Was Sound Forge purchased directly from Magix or a third-party retailer like Best Buy, Musician's Friend, or other? If you purchased Sound Forge from a third-party retailer, you will need to contact them. Otherwise contact Magix customer service as @SP. stated.
Some retailers distribute the software using the POSA procedure wheres serial numbers are activated via the seller's POS system. If the serial number is not activated through the POS system, it can only be used in a trial (demo) mode.

btw, In this case,I would surmise POS stands for "Point Of Sale" .. not the typical "Piece Of Sh_t" .. though it may be applicable to the third-party activation system.

Jeremy-Yudkin wrote on 7/2/2021, 6:09 PM

I do appreciate you all offering help. However I did buy it directly online from Magix; it is the serial number that they sent me for the product I bought (SF PRO); and I did enter it into the box that asks for the serial number

SP. wrote on 7/2/2021, 6:20 PM

@Jeremy-Yudkin Okay but are you sure you didn't accidentally install SF Pro Suite?

rraud wrote on 7/3/2021, 10:48 AM

@Jeremy-Yudkin, when you attempted to activate Sound Forge Pro, did you use the same email address that you used in the purchase process? The serial code* and email address are paired. Double-check the activation serial code* you entered with the one Magix sent in the email.

* SFP-15 serial codes start w/ P3 followed by six sets of five hyphenated numbers
Example: P3-12345-12345-12345-12345-12345-12345

Jeremy-Yudkin wrote on 7/3/2021, 1:17 PM

Dear Friends,

I got it to work! I just started all over again from the Magix website, and this time it accepted the serial number.

Thank you very much indeed for all your help.