Comments

rraud wrote on 9/28/2023, 10:08 AM

Welcome to the Magix Sound Forge users community @Cruz.
Are you stating that after extracting the audio from a CD-A. you want to save the songs as separate MP3 files from the timeline?
Do you have (Sound Forge) Audio Studio or Pro ?

Cruz wrote on 9/28/2023, 10:37 AM

Sound Forge Audio Studio 14

rraud wrote on 9/28/2023, 5:43 PM

Saving multiple songs (or segments) as single files is relativity quick and easy with SF Pro using the 'Extract regions' tool (or a script). However with Audio Studio, songs would need to be saved (Save as) one at a time, either by using Trim/Crop or copying and pasting the song to new timeline and saving.
I am not sure, but the SF Pro-17 trial version may allow the procedure.. at least for the 30-day trial period.. or you can upgrade to SF Pro 17. With a valid serial from any other SF version, you will get the discounted 'upgrade' price.

Cielspacing wrote on 9/29/2023, 4:10 PM

Look Cruz. SoundForge (under MAGIX) upgrade from version 13 to version 14, added quite few things... one thing for sure it did was to erase its ability to save (and thus, convert) to most kinds of audio files.
If you open your SF14 "save us" dialog and scroll the formats available, you'll see that MP3 (and many other) useful, actually commonplace types of files are nonexistent. This is why I keep a SF13 installation at hand.
Yes, I do not work on lossy formats, unless I am specifically requested to. However online publications and the various types of audio social media nowadays require, very typically demand differentiated masterings delivered for various types of audio/video, including these types of files.

Whatever the reason MAGIX had for this action, it is a detriment to such professional audio tool. If it came down to cost, the circumstances have evolved and now they need to give a second look to this.
Plus the fact that it was not published then at the product site, diminishes MAGIX's adequate handling here.
Let's hope this situation is either corrected or informed, better if both, the sooner.

Cruz wrote on 9/29/2023, 4:40 PM

I hear you loud and clear! I have friends with issues on that so-called upgrade as well. I've dug around determined that the best tool (and price) for me is SOUND FORGE Audio Cleaning Lab 4. I downloaded the trial version and it does the trick as good as my original Audio Cleaning Lab from 15 years ago! I'm going to use this trial version for rest of the month and keep looking for non Magix / Sound Forge tools. I'll post what I find out. Thanks!

rraud wrote on 9/30/2023, 10:27 AM

If you open your SF14 "save us" dialog and scroll the formats available, you'll see that MP3 (and many other) useful, actually commonplace types of files are nonexistent.

File formats from legacy versions of Sound Forge have not been removed.
If MP3 (or other formats) are not available, resetting Sound Forge (in the 'File' menu) usually restores the encoders. The PC should be online during this process to register the encoder's license if necessary, Aside from an internet connection, no user input is required.

Cruz wrote on 9/30/2023, 12:20 PM

SF14 Will not do what I want it to do. I want to load an album or cd and hit CTRL M to automatically put markers for all the tracks. SF Audio Cleaning Lab 4 will do that. Anything that takes more effort than that is not worth my time or money.

SP. wrote on 9/30/2023, 3:05 PM

@Cruz Sound Forge Audio Cleaning Lab is a different program developed by a different team. It is a modified version of Samplitude, as far as I know.

For some reason it was renamed Sound Forge Audio Cleaning Lab after Magix acquired the Sound Forge brand. It technically has nothing to do with Sound Forge, that's why the programs are not really comparable.