Samplitude using ASIO drivers poor audio and PC crashes

keiron wrote on 1/5/2024, 4:21 AM

Hi

I'm Using Magix Samplitude 2023

If I try to use any of the ASIO drivers, Samplitude either crashes or starts doing odd things, but he main problem is recorded audio is distorted, with the ASIO drivers that actually work. I don't have any problems with the MME driver, I've set the project to 96k as the A to D supports this. I'm using a SB AE-s Sound card and a 96k Digital input from a YAMAHA CVP609

Is it simply the ASIO drivers dont work at 96k?

Comments

ProAudioTeam wrote on 1/5/2024, 4:57 AM

Dear keiron,

please send us the informations about this problem via mail to proservice@magix.net.

Our Support will help you out.

Thank you and kind regards

Your MAGIX Pro Audio Team

keiron wrote on 1/22/2024, 2:53 AM

This happens in MAGIX 2023 if you use a SB AE-9 Card, It also happens in a SB ZX card

This problem has now beed solved for me, thanks to support staff from the Magix Music Maker Forum on Facebook and extensive testing by myself. If you have this issue then you could try the solution below

The problem can't be solved by disabling the ports using the Windows Device Manager, It how ever can be resolved by disabling the AUX port on the AE-9 card in the ASIO tab. If the AUX port is enabled it turns off the Digital In port, also if all of the ports are enabled using the ASIO tab the resulted Recorded Audio sounds distorted on play back, However the waveform looks OK

I had the same issue with a previous SB card, so that may indeed clear that problem up as well

Last changed by emmrecs on 1/22/2024, 4:03 AM, changed a total of 1 times.

Reason: To remove names of Magix personnel, publication of which is forbidden under Community rules

keiron wrote on 1/22/2024, 3:36 AM

Here is a bit more Info for you all regarding Samplitude and Magix Music Maker as SB Ae-9

1. Using Samplitude MME and CDM works OK, I tried these up to 24 bit 96k, not the best solution, all other ASIO drivers caused a problem

2. Magix Music Maker worked fine with Magix drivers and ASIO4all. Why you may ask, in Magix Music Maker you can't see all the Inputs and Outputs in the ASIO tab In Samplitude you can

3. The SB AE-9 card has the following in and output ports

a. AUX in

b. Digital in

c. On the seperate unit outside the PC, it has Mic in powered or unpowered

d. It has 5 way Surround Front L and R Rear L and R ,Center and Bass

e Digital Out

4a. For Gamers :- Audio Lag, This is a nasty, there are a lot of reasons why this happens, If you play music from the Windows Player, Dex 3 or other players the audio plays fine on most occassions, however when you plug a MIC into the SB ae-9 external Mic In, you will see this lag is really bad, playing Karaoke and Singing along with it, is no fun. A simular Audio lag can happen when sending audio over the Internet or direct Private Wires etc

4b For Audio lovers Using the ASIO drivers connects the Audio directly to the Sound Card missing out all the processing the result is far less Audio delay from the Audio in to the Audio out

5. I prefer to use the Digital In and Out with ASIO, In my case the Yamaha Audio out, is connected the Digital In of the SB AE-9 for recording. The Mic is connected to the Yamaha MIC in not the SB AE-9, the result is both MIC and Audio are in Sync, when recording this works with ASIO or MME - CDM because I'm not listening the Digital out with no ASIO. if you listen you can hear a definite delay from when you play a note to hearing it, however if you use ASIO this In out delay has reduced considerably

6. Also In Magix Music Maker the max bit rate is 48k, so all the samples work fine, however in Samplitude the bit rate can be set much higher, you do get a warning project bit rate is higher the the samples your trying to play, however the samples can sound very distorted. So if your trying to record your music then add some samples be carefull of the sample rate you have set in the project

DOUG-RAMAGE wrote on 2/22/2024, 12:16 PM

ASIO is distorted or not functioning properly in Samplitude Music Studio 64 bit. I have current updates installed. Sound card issues are a common headache with this software. I have resorted to using my 2004 Magix Audio software to record my .VIP files. Very frustrating as I thought it was my cables and mixer.