Samplitude Music Studio - Change Audio Device = Pitch Changes ? [Solved]

Munenushi wrote on 12/2/2016, 4:55 PM

This may be an odd query, but I ran into an "issue" (it is not really a severe problem) where, if I change the Audio Device in Samplitude Music Studio, the Pitch of the Input and Output is altered.
For example:

1. Change Audio Ouput from MAGIX Low Latency to Onboard Sound Adapter (built in motherboard sound), with Shared Output
  2. Insert notes = pitch "C"
  3. Playback song = notes are pitch "B" during playback (entire song)

This is just an example, the scenario is not exact, but the actions and results are what occurs.
If I change the audio device (Shared Output, Onboard Adapter, etc), the program is altered, so that, if I create notes, they playback in a different Pitch than when it was applied/inserted. 
Odd, to me 

This does not occur with MAGIX Low Latency Audio Adapter/Output - but then, I cannot record what I am doing, for recording Tutorials or the progression of a project for posterity. 

Just wondering if anyone else has run into this "issue" or if there is a setting I am perhaps missing.... 

Thanks for any input.

Edit:

I seem to have found out what it was - it was the SHARED option (vs EXCLUSIVE) for the Audio Device Properties. It does not matter what Audio Adapter/Device is being used, this setting causes this 'pitch difference' [in my experience]. While using the Exclusive mode, I cannot record the Output as I work on a Project (capture it with a screen recording program); but that is acceptable, as long as I know the rest is working fine. If anyone knows why this occurs, I would still be interested...

I was going to not post this, but perhaps others that run into this might find it useful, so I will post it still, if that is acceptable to the Moderators here. I will mark it as "Solved".

Thanks anyway, all!

Comments

keiron wrote on 2/28/2018, 3:38 AM

Same here

I just spent ages explaining the problem pressed the comment button and all was lost

Just did it again for the second time press save all was lost and I had to log in again

For the third time line by line

I had recorded 16 MIDI tracks and a single Audio track using Samplitude

I set Samplitude to output all 16 MIDI tracks, turned the 1st audio track to off and armed a second track

recorded the 2nd audio track but this was at a higher pitch and the recording was shorter in length

I changed the exclusive mode to non exclusive but It wouldnt record anything and the Samplitude crashed

I was using the SB Digital in from the dropdown list

emmrecs wrote on 2/28/2018, 3:48 AM

@keiron

I just spent ages explaining the problem pressed tyhe comment button and all was lost

Unfortunately, you experienced a forum software "bug" that is a real pain. Yes, it has happened to me on several occasions, such that I always use Ctrl+A to select all the text I have written and then Ctrl+C to copy it before I press the comment button. Then, if the comment is "lost" I can paste my text into a new reply box and usually it then posts successfully!

Is the problem for you the same as that experienced by the OP? His post is now much more than a year old but does his solution work for you? If not, you might be best advised to post to the dedicated Samplitude forum here.

HTH

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

keiron wrote on 2/28/2018, 3:59 AM

Hi Jeff

I had problems before with MAGIX crashing as I tried to use different sound card drivers

Im using this version 23.0.2.58 (DP3) i believe its 2016

The 2015 gives you lots of different drivers

I'm using the MAGIX low Latency, in exclusive mode, SB digital in selected

I'll grap some screen shots I have the sb divers as well but im not using them

It's not a solution

If you use non exclusive you can't record any more audio tracks so whats the point of a multi track recording program if you cant multitrack

keiron wrote on 2/28/2018, 4:21 AM

"I seem to have found out what it was - it was the SHARED option (vs EXCLUSIVE) for the Audio Device Properties. It does not matter what Audio Adapter/Device is being used, this setting causes this 'pitch difference' [in my experience]. While using the Exclusive mode, I cannot record the Output as I work on a Project (capture it with a screen recording program); but that is acceptable, as long as I know the rest is working fine. If anyone knows why this occurs, I would still be interested..."

As he said, you cannot add additional audio recordings as they are in a different pitch also in non exclusive mode it records nothing

The only way you can do it, is to record everything on the first hit, which is pointless if you want to record different audio ins at different times

I took some screen shots but I cant add them to show you

Please note that the 1st recording is MIDI + Audio and is recorded in the correct key. it's only when the Audio or Audio + MIDI tracks are played back and a 2nd Audio recording is made that you get the pitch change and recorded length shortened

emmrecs wrote on 2/28/2018, 4:24 AM

@keiron

Glad to see you're managing to overcome the posting problems!

However, again I would urge you to repost your question to the dedicated Samplitude forum, rather than here. You are far more likely to receive useful advice there.

Jeff

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

keiron wrote on 2/28/2018, 4:41 AM

Ah, I take it they don't read this Ill raise a ticket

emmrecs wrote on 2/28/2018, 5:04 AM

@keiron

By "they" I assume you mean Magix staff? If so, yes you are right; this is a user to user forum to which Magix staff rarely post. The full Magix Support system is via ticket here.

But I must ask again, have you also posted to the dedicated Samplitude forum? That really should be your first port of call.

Jeff