Samp ProX8 and Jam Origin Midi Guitar 2 problem.

gabor-p wrote on 1/3/2024, 4:26 PM

Hi!

Need help please!

I'm trying to record something in Samp ProX 8 with Jam Origin's Midi Guitar 2 vst and I want to use a 3th party Vsti. So, I have Midi Guitar on first track and the Vsti on the second. On Midi Guitar, in the plugin menu I ticked Send midi. And yes, on the Vsti's second track I ticked Midi in from first track. Anyway, linked all midi outs and ins of the two tracks. But no sound from any Vsti. Monitoring is on at both. Interseting thing is, that if I'm recording something like that, on the first Midi Guit track apppears an audio signal, and on the second (Vsti) I can see Midi recording. And if I'm playing the recorded stuff, the Vsti plays this correctly. Mean, it receives the midi signal. But during recording there is no sound. Why? What I'm doing wrong. I'm shure there is some setup trick. Even more interesting is, that if I try do the same thing in Samp Pro X 3, it does the job without any problems. The setup of 3 and 8 is the same.
In summary: I got signal in Midi Gtr2, the linked Vsti is working (makes a sound), when I play on its own keyboard, when I'm recording, I can see, that audio signal is recorded on Midi Gtr track and Midi signal recorded at Vsti's track, during playing, both add sound, the monitor and record button is ticked on both tracks, that means, that every in's and out's are linked correctly. But no sound and signal from the Vsti when I'm trying trigger it with Midi Gtr and no sound during recording.
Any idea?
Thanks in advance!

Comments

SP. wrote on 1/3/2024, 4:43 PM

@gabor-p Instead of adding Jam Origin's Midi Guitar 2 as a VST instrument on your track try adding it as a MIDI VST plugin. Click on the small arrow next to the Add button inside the plugin browser to select the this option. On the second track select Midi Guitar 2 as the MIDI input. I hope this helps.

gabor-p wrote on 1/3/2024, 6:36 PM

Thanks! But I can't do this, because this option is grey, not highlighted.

SP. wrote on 1/3/2024, 8:29 PM

@gabor-p Have you removed all plugins from the track?

gabor-p wrote on 1/4/2024, 4:12 AM

Yes. I tried to add to a clean, new project.

gabor-p wrote on 1/5/2024, 5:45 AM

I think, that this option is not available, because the Midi Gtr 2 is not a Vsti, but it's plugin by itself basically.
Is there some way to add Midi Gtr and the Vsti to the same track?

gabor-p wrote on 1/5/2024, 5:46 AM

And why it works in Samp ProX 3 without problems?