Running Sound Forge Pro on more than one PC?

Carl-Weingarten wrote on 3/14/2023, 11:02 PM

I am migrating my programs to a new work station. Both my old and new PCs are Windows 10. It's taking a while and during this process I need to have both computers functioning to do my work. I have successfully installed my copy of Sound Forge 14 to my new PC, but a pop-up from Magix insists that I have to deactivate my old version before it will allow my new machine to open the program. My understanding was that I could run Sound Forge on two machines at once if I needed to. Is that not the case?

Comments

SP. wrote on 3/15/2023, 1:35 AM

@Carl-Weingarten You probably activated it twice already. You can disable one activation you no longer need in your customer account at Magix.com. Log in and look under "My Products" for your version of Sound Forge.

rraud wrote on 3/15/2023, 10:27 AM

Hi @Carl-Weingarten, on the standard version of Sound Forge, a registered user license allows two (2) activatons simultaneously. If SF is needed on an alternate, one would need to be deactivated to reactivate SF on the alternate PC.
If you do not have the PC at hand, you can deactivate a device through the MAGIX Service Center. Log into your account, go to "My Products > Show More Details> Deactivate" and select the PC. This option can be used once a month. Otherwise there is no limit if you deactivate SF in the 'Help' menu of the PC.
The subscription version, 'Sound Forge 365', can be active on one (1) PC at a time.

Carl-Weingarten wrote on 3/15/2023, 3:27 PM

Thanks for the info. I bought SF14 in late 2020 and only have it on two PCs, so there's no third machine. And the pop-up flag only lists two PCs to "deactivate" as well. I'll just finish up the migration as quick as I can. I'm assuming that once I click the "deactivate" option, SF will stop loading on my old machine.

rraud wrote on 3/16/2023, 10:21 AM

When you deactivate SF-14 on your old PC, you should be able to reactivate it on the new computer. The program itself will remain on the old PC, but you will not be able to use it.

FYI, Uninstalling SF does not cancel an activation, that needs to be done either in the 'Help' menu or online in your 'My Products' (Magix Service Center).