Running Magix causes Audio Renderer Error in Chrome or Edge:

mytotallyrealband wrote on 7/5/2021, 11:33 AM

Hi! Used to use magix years ago. Trying the free version just now on a Windows 10 HP laptop with 10th gen i5 core, 8G ram, and SSD storage. I can open and play youtube videos in either browser just fine. But once I open magix the youtube videos stop and I get a message on my videos saying "Audio Renderer Error: Please Restart Your Computer". Any idea what's going on and how to remedy this? I used to be able to have both magix and youtube open and play along to music years ago.

Comments

SP. wrote on 7/5/2021, 11:39 AM

@mytotallyrealband This is caused by the ASIO driver which needs exclusive access to your audio hardware. You can solve this problem by changing the driver in the program settings to something different like Direct Sound. But then you will lose the ability to hear MIDI objects and monitoring live input. In this case only a different ASIO driver helps. A free one would be the FL Studio ASIO driver. You can get it by downloading and installing the free demo of FL Studio. Or you can get an external USB audio interface with ASIO drivers that allow multiple programs to access the audio hardware, for example Focusrite Scarlett audio interfaces.

Francisco-Fierro wrote on 1/29/2022, 7:59 PM

hi i have te same issues the software was working great. I can watch YouTube videos in the same time then i up date it and I had started to have the same problem. it is not another way to fix it with not spend more money.!!!

Graham-Hawker wrote on 1/30/2022, 1:34 AM

it is not another way to fix it with not spend more money.!!!

Yes read the answer above you're post which includes two free options.