Revolter 2 - how does it work???

David-Pook wrote on 1/30/2022, 10:31 AM

I am a little confused with Revolta 2 I have bought the instrument with the additional 150 presets. Great I thought and the presets are good, but for me i am confused as to the next bit.

I add it as an VST Intrument and it has one sound. I mean, one beat and although its very nice, I thought this would be an additional audio effect to add to a loop I have added to a track, but from what i can see, it doesnt work this way at all.

Can someone enlighten me as to how to get a different sound from it apart from using presets??? Can I add this to give some effect to any loop i add to the tracks that i create??

Frustrating me at the moment, because I cant fathom it out in how to do that.

Would appreciate someones help with this please.

Thanks

David

Comments

David-Pook wrote on 1/30/2022, 10:44 AM

I think i have just thought of the answer.....you need a midi device to create your sounds!! What an idiot.

SP. wrote on 1/30/2022, 10:52 AM

@David-Pook It's a VST instrument and not a VST effect.

It works like many other synthesizers. You have two oscillators that emit a sinewave, sawwave or squarewave sound. The second oscillator can also be detuned or noise can be added to its sound.

You can mix the sound of the two oscillators, change the ADSR, add filters and effects and use the low frequency oscillators to change the synthesizer settings over time.

You can play it in monophonic or polyphonic mode and with or without legato and use a step sequencer to play more complex parts with just pressing key.

Do you know how synthesizer sounds are made?

Be aware that Revolta only accepts MIDI on channel 1 for some reason.

johnebaker wrote on 2/2/2022, 5:44 AM

@David-Pook

. . . . you need a midi device to create your sounds!! What an idiot. . . .

In addition to @SP. comment, you can also use the computer keyboard or the on screen keyboard - both poor substitutes for a MIDI keyboard - or the MIDI Editor to 'draw' the notes as shown below.

I would suggest you read the manual available under Help

John EB
Forum Moderator

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.