Reverts to Free Edition

Tommy-Cunningham wrote on 4/20/2021, 9:00 AM

Good morning all, currently using Magix Music Maker 2021 premium edition (64 bit) and after a couple days or perhaps multiple times opening and closing the software my program randomly reverts to free edition. I’m in the Navy so we can go months without any way for me to connect my laptop to the internet. I’m going to try to retype my product serial number in on the program in the morning and see if that works without internet but has anyone else had this issue. It’s kind of a drag because I’m real big into VST stuff and a lot of them will stop working when it reverts. Also Music Maker is still showing my email address in the store option and all my loops still work, it’s just VST issues and I can’t export MP3 anymore (at least from what I have tried).

Thanks for the assist.

Comments

SP. wrote on 4/20/2021, 9:17 AM

@Tommy-Cunningham If you don't have internet you cannot connect to your account and it automatically reverts back to the free version. This means it is likely not the right product for your circumstances.

I believe other programs like Samplitude Music Studio (which is very similar to Music Maker in handling but much more stable and has more features) only need internet for activating the software and for downloading and activating the features and updates. This would be a much better choice in your case. There is also a free version of Samplitude called Samplitude Pro X4 Silver which should behave the same way as Samplitude Music Studio.

Tommy-Cunningham wrote on 4/21/2021, 7:56 AM

@SP. Thanks for the input, that’s unfortunate. Off the top of your head do you know if all the loops etc. from Music Maker work with Samplitude? Might consider switching if all the stuff I already have will work on both programs. Appreciate the help.

SP. wrote on 4/21/2021, 8:51 AM

@Tommy-Cunningham

Yes, the loops will work fine in Samplitude Music Studio and Samplitude Pro X (Silver).

The newest version of Samplitude Music Studio and Music Maker can also exchange the Vita Instruments. This means you should be able to use your Vita instruments in both programs.

I'm not sure if you can use Music Maker Vita instruments in Samplitude Pro X because I cannot use them with my version of Pro X4. But X4 is an old version so it could be different for the new X6 version which I don't have. But I can load Vita instruments with the help of the Independence Sampler which is included in Pro X (but is not included in the free Silver version!). It is just an extra step and it works for me.

browj2 wrote on 4/21/2021, 9:04 AM

@Tommy-Cunningham @SP.

You need to be able to login and get everything downloaded and installed. Then, the next time that you open the program when not connected to the internet, everything should be available except the Store. I did a test with my laptop and had no problem. You may want to try this. I'll try again just to make sure.

Magix' programs like to phone home once per month to check the validity of the SN. Usually, the program has no trouble and will check the next time that you are connected to the internet.

What, exactly, do you mean by "reverts to the free edition?" How do you know?

John CB

John C.B.

VideoPro X(16); Movie Studio 2024 Platinum; MM2025 Premium Edition; Samplitude Pro X8 Suite; see About me for more.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Pro 22H2; MB ROG STRIX B560-A Gaming WiFi; Graphics Card Zotac Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX-3060, PS; Power supply EVGA 750W; Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.80GHz (UHD Graphics 630); RAM 32 GB; OS on Kingston SSD 1TB; secondary WD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB, 8TB; three monitors - HP 25" main, LG 4K 27" second, HP 27" third; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer.

Notebook - Microsoft Surface Pro 4, i5-6300U, 8 GB RAM, 256 SSD, W10 Pro 20H2.

YouTube Channel: @JCBrownVideos

browj2 wrote on 4/21/2021, 9:18 AM

Tested off-line, and everything seems to work, including VST plugins. You may have some third party plugins that require online access, so you would have to check these.

John CB

John C.B.

VideoPro X(16); Movie Studio 2024 Platinum; MM2025 Premium Edition; Samplitude Pro X8 Suite; see About me for more.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Pro 22H2; MB ROG STRIX B560-A Gaming WiFi; Graphics Card Zotac Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX-3060, PS; Power supply EVGA 750W; Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.80GHz (UHD Graphics 630); RAM 32 GB; OS on Kingston SSD 1TB; secondary WD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB, 8TB; three monitors - HP 25" main, LG 4K 27" second, HP 27" third; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer.

Notebook - Microsoft Surface Pro 4, i5-6300U, 8 GB RAM, 256 SSD, W10 Pro 20H2.

YouTube Channel: @JCBrownVideos

Tommy-Cunningham wrote on 4/21/2021, 6:10 PM

@browj2 So when you click on your store login it pops up and it will ask me to register my product and up in the top right corner of that page it list Free Edition vice Premium. I also tried to type in my serial number offline and the program just sits at the window. As far as the VST issue, it is more or less the secondary program VST bridge which allows me to use older VST things. Bridge is a part of the premium software. @SP. Thanks for the inputs I might give it a try and see how I like it this weekend. I have to prep and get set up before our next deployment.

TDubyah wrote on 5/28/2021, 3:19 AM

@browj2

Tested off-line, and everything seems to work, including VST plugins. You may have some third party plugins that require online access, so you would have to check these.

John CB

It will work until an inevitable crash and then the it will want to verify everything for the 1000th time. This company is so paranoid about piracy their ridiculous DRM even prevents people who paid for the software from using it.

johnebaker wrote on 5/28/2021, 3:12 PM

@TDubyah

Hi

. . . . This company is so paranoid about piracy their ridiculous DRM even prevents people who paid for the software from using it. . . .

Licence checking online at regular intervals, in the case of Magix programs usually once per month, is a very common practice for a lot of software and is the best way to defeat software hackers and users who try a cracked version. I have 5 non Magix programs which all do an online licence check at regular intervals.

John EB
Forum Moderator

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.