Removing breathing sounds from video

Kevin-Ward wrote on 8/15/2024, 5:29 AM

Hello. I have edited video for a while but have never really done much audio editing. I have a video that was shot on a phone and, while others are talking, the person holding the phone was breathing so loud that you can clearly hear it while the subjects of the video are talking. Every video I can find about breath removal is from one person talking into a mic where there is a pause - can anything be done when the breathing is mixed with other people talking? And if so, is Sound Forge the answer, or is it this audio cleaner program? I apologize but am very confused on how to proceed.

Comments

SP. wrote on 8/15/2024, 6:00 AM

@Kevin-Ward You could try an AI based voice isolation. There is a free tool called Ultimate Vocal Remover. It's usually used to split up music and vocals into separate audio files, so it removes the music from the vocals. I think that should also work for removing background noise from a normal talking voice.

https://ultimatevocalremover.com/

If you don't have a modern Nvidia GPU it might take some while, depending on the length of your recording.