Registration error: "The activation code is not valid"

some_ty_somewhere wrote on 9/9/2021, 4:58 PM

I replaced the logic board on my MacBook Pro (Mac OS 10.14.6), which broke the licensing/registration on several of my music apps. I've managed to re-register all of them except for Sound Forge Pro Mac 3.

When I open the app I get a dialog that says "Registration Error: The activation code is not valid." There is one option, which is an OK button. When I press it, the app closes.

I noticed that while the dialog is present I can click on the various pull-down menus in the background, but most things are greyed out. There doesn't seem to be a way to even provide an activation code now that it has decided mine is not valid (which I'm sure that it is).

I moved Sound Forge Pro to the trash and rebooted. I re-installed hoping that I'd be given an opportunity to provide my code. It only asks for the code when you first open the app, but once again I just get the same error.

I tried opening a support case on this site, but most of the links end with a 504 error, which is a server error.

Hoping someone knows a way to fix this...

Comments

SP. wrote on 9/9/2021, 5:36 PM

@some_ty_somewhere Try the following:

Go to https://www.magix.com/int/support/my-service-center/ 

and enter your e-mail and password. Then click on "My Products" and scroll down for your version of Sound Forge. Open the details and deactivate the old installation in your user account. Then restart the program again and see if it will allow a new registration. Does this work?

some_ty_somewhere wrote on 9/9/2021, 5:47 PM

@SP. Thanks for your response. I went to the page you described, and I can see Sound Forge Pro Mac 3.0, a registration date, and the serial number (which matches). However, I don't see an option to deactivate it from my account. The only options appear to be to download the software, or register a new product.

SP. wrote on 9/9/2021, 5:58 PM

@some_ty_somewhere Okay, I don't use the Mac version. Maybe it uses different registration system. It looks like there are some files left on your system after you uninstalled Sound Forge and that's likely why you still get the error message instead of a new registration

Maybe @Product-Owner_OOO_ can help you?