Comments

rraud wrote on 4/11/2022, 11:12 AM

Was Sound Forge included with the record player or Vegas? Which version of SF do you have, I recall a 'lite' version of SF was included with some Sony record players way-back-when, but it was not called 'Audio Studio' . I do not know if that particular version can be activated,. Most other main-stream Sony SF versions can still be activated through Magix.

btw, welcome to the Magix Sound Forge users community @swe

swe wrote on 4/11/2022, 11:57 AM

Hi, sound forge was included with the record player, I believe the version (or the version Magix is stating) is V9.0 (OEM). I purchased Vegas separately to do video on the DJI drone. I've just reinstalled the full vegas suite and when I look at products I have a key for Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 17 and Vegas DVD Architect 7. It also lists Sound Forge Audio Studio 9.0 (OEM) but when I try and open it it asks for a serial number, starting P, so I've tried my Magix one but it says the number is invalid.

Thank you for taking the time to assist. It would be great if I could get back to recording my Vinyl.

rraud wrote on 4/11/2022, 12:16 PM

I've tried my Magix one but it says the number is invalid.

Which Magix one? If it is Sound Forge, which version # (Pro or otherwise). In any case, the serials are not interchangeable, for instance a serial for SF-9 will not work on SF 8, 10, 11 and so on. I think the SF-9 version that came with the record player was unique, and may not be possible to activate. Good question for Magix customer service.

swe wrote on 4/12/2022, 9:47 AM

The P3 code is for ( I thought initially for MAGIX) but it is for Vegas Movie Studio 17 Platinum. Could you please advise how I actually contact Magix Customer Support? I'm auld school and prefer using a telephone and speaking with someone, every time I've tried to go to customer support it just appears to take me around in circle. I want to buy software that will allow me to record the remainder of my vinyl to computer. Thank you for your time.

emmrecs wrote on 4/12/2022, 10:01 AM

@swe

There is no telephone support for Magix products so you cannot speak with someone, sorry!

For the particulars of your problem I would suggest you email customer support at infoservice@magix.net, giving full details of your software and as much information as you can about your original purchase.. They should be able to offer you a solution.

BTW, your P3 code is for a Magix product. Vegas MS 17 Platinum is part of the Magix product line.

HTH

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

swe wrote on 4/12/2022, 10:15 AM

Thank you