Comments

rraud wrote on 10/26/2021, 11:01 AM

Welcome to the Magix Sound Forge users community @Geoffrey-Stern.

Which version of Sound Forge? Does the activation process complete successfully after entering your serial code and email. Is the PC online? It usually does not have to be after the initial activation, but some codecs need to register themselves, which may have failed for some reason.
Is your product registered with Magix, you can check this by logging into the Magix Service Center and looking in "My Products". This login info could be different than the forum log-in, You must the same email address that was used when your product was initially registered and activated,

Otherwise, you could try resetting SF and clearing the cache.

Geoffrey-Stern wrote on 10/26/2021, 11:15 AM

Sound Forge Pr 12 is the version. Every time i register it lets me use the software with no problem. It's just that if I close it, i have to register again the next time i use it. I think that I might have some additional codecs. Under FX Favorites I use ReaEQ RealPlugs Edition VST2, 32 bit. Does this require a separate registration?

rraud wrote on 10/27/2021, 10:30 AM

I use ReaEQ RealPlugs Edition VST2, 32 bit. Does this require a separate registration?

vI have the Realplugs VSTs, and they do not require registration (even if they did it would not affect SF activation).

Try resetting Sound Forge and clearing the cache. 'Reset' is in the 'File' menu of most Magix versions of SFP. If it is not in the File' menu, press and hold the Ctrl+Shift keys and launch SF.
>>> Solution: If the issue remains after resetting.. uninstall / reinstall, but use a third-party uninstaller like '\Revo Uninstall' that can remove left-over registry entries and other pertinent data the OS uninstall leaves behind, which in usually the root of recurring issues
Geek Uninstall is another third-party uninstaller/cleaner some folks use. Both Revo and Geek have pro and freeware versions. Revo's free version works great in most instances.

Geoffrey-Stern wrote on 10/27/2021, 12:22 PM

Thanks... The Revo Uninstall worked... now I just need to remember how to upload ReaEQ RealPlugs Edition VST2, 32 bit.... Can you make a suggestion?

rraud wrote on 10/27/2021, 5:35 PM

"how to upload ReaEQ RealPlugs Edition VST2, 32 bit....?"

You can download the 64 and/or 32 bit VST-2 installer from https://www.reaper.fm/reaplugs

Install the Rea Plug-ins to one of your existing VST folders. By default, many VSTs are placed in the 'C:/Program Files/Steinberg/VstPlugins' folder. If they end up elsewhere, confirm that the folder is listed as the Default or an Alternate VST search folder in the SFP menu; "Options> Preferences>VST effects"

btw, the 32 bit VST-2 versions would go to 'C:/Program Files (x86)/......'

rraud wrote on 10/27/2021, 5:39 PM

@Robert-Basow, please start a new topic.