Recover lost Photostory DVD 7.0 with backup disk

isadoradoug wrote on 5/6/2009, 11:55 AM
I lost my downloaded version of PS 7, but I had ordered a backup disk.  I loaded the backup disk, but it is a trial version.  So now I need to activate it.

My old activation code, for the downloaded version does not work.  How do I get the new code?

I contacted support, but got hung up in the "computer ID".  I have gone through the suggested menus, but do not get a computer ID.

I tried the Fax/mail activation, and the form that resulted did have a computer ID.  I emailed that ID to support, but have had no response.

How do I get my backup program activated?  I have registered it as a trial version for 30 days, but that's all I have been able to do.

Comments

ralftaro wrote on 5/7/2009, 12:19 PM
Hi,

What are you actually trying to activate here? That's not really clear. Maybe there's a confusion between different program functions here. Are you referring to the activation of the actual program itself? This can be done by using the original serial number you got. This one doesn't change. The only reason it wouldn't be accepted is if you had already used up your three activations.

MPEG-2 codec activation is a completely different story. This activation code is specific to the system. The MPEG-2 activation will not accept your old MPEG-2 activation code and it will not accept the serial number as activation code. You can just get a fresh code by using the "Order activation code online" button again. There are also offline activation options, e.g. an automatic phone activation system.

I hope this helps.