Comments

rraud wrote on 11/2/2021, 1:24 PM

Hi @Matthew-Rybinski,

After creating a new window with your desired file parameters.
- Open the "Record Options" window in the 'View' menu.
- Select "Arm" in the 'Transport' menu (which shows the recording levels)
- With the 'Record Options' window active, commence recording in the Transport menu, Ctrl+R or toolbar icon
- When recording is in progress, click anywhere on the timeline (or close the record options window).
- Pressing the 'Enter' key will then pause recording at the current cursor point (if pressed again, recording will continue). btw, if the 'Record options' window is active, the 'Enter/Pause' key will not work).
- The 'Space bar' key will also pause recording. but will return the cursor to the last starting point... and pressing the Space bar' again will re-commence recording, overwriting the previously recorded data.
- To exit the recording mode, select 'Stop' in the 'Transport' menu (or the transport 'Stop' icon).

FWIW, easier options were added in the current build of SF Pro-15.

Matthew-Rybinski wrote on 11/2/2021, 1:33 PM

Thank you! I would have never thought to use the Enter key to start and pause/stop the recording.

rraud wrote on 11/2/2021, 6:03 PM

In playback, the 'Enter' key is also Pause/Resume. whilst the 'Spacebar' key stops playback and returns the cursor to the start point.
FWIW, these two commands can be flipped in the "Options> Preferences> General" menu by enabling "Spacebar and F12 Play/Pause instead of  Play/Stop". This will affect the Record mode the same.

Matthew-Rybinski wrote on 11/3/2021, 6:33 AM

I appreciate your help with SFP13....I have been editing with it for a year or so, but have been using SF10 to record on a different system running windows 7. I upgraded to a new computer to record with and SF10 no longer works right on windows 10. Hence my questions regarding recording with SFP13. I downloaded the trial for SFP15, but have not had a chance to use it yet.

rraud wrote on 11/3/2021, 9:27 AM

If Sound Forge-10 does not open successfully, that could be the 'Elevated Privilege' issue, which is a common SF-10 / Win 10 occurrence. There are two remedies to fix this.

I still use SFP-10 occasionally for the legacy Record UI and Plug-in chainer.

Matthew-Rybinski wrote on 11/3/2021, 10:22 AM

Please share those remedies with me