Rebooting program

Nathan-Jensen wrote on 3/28/2021, 3:24 PM

I've had to reset the program, restart my computer, because of a cursor problem that would not let me edit.

Now the new program won't accept my serial number and wants me to buy the program again. And I can't even seem to do that because it gives me an error message. I need this program working right away. Please help!

Nathan

Comments

SP. wrote on 3/28/2021, 3:26 PM

@Nathan-Jensen Hello. Which version of Music Maker are you using? The current versions only need you to log in into your user account. That is all. You don't need to enter the serial number a second time.

Nathan-Jensen wrote on 3/28/2021, 3:30 PM

Okay, so I try that. I get a pink box that says "Managae your subscriptions" and gives me an error if I click on it. Below that is "Enter your Music Maker 2021 serial number here:" and when I do that and click "Activate" nothing at all happens. I seem to be stuck.

Nathan-Jensen wrote on 3/28/2021, 3:31 PM

I try opening a previous project, it sends me to the store saying I need the premium edition, but that's exactly what I bought.

SP. wrote on 3/28/2021, 3:36 PM

@Nathan-Jensen Try to enter your premium serial here:

If this doesn't work try to disable your firewall/Windows defender temporarily.

Nathan-Jensen wrote on 3/28/2021, 4:15 PM

That doesn't seem to do anything. Even after disabling the firewall.

When I try loading an earlier project I'm working on, an orange box opens and says "More Tracks & Formats: You want to use a Premium function in Music Maker Free Edition. The Free Edition offers 8 tracks for use in projects. In order to use more tracks, you need Music Maker Premium Edition or the corresponding function from the Store"

I then go to store and it won't let me purchase anything or do anything at all.

SP. wrote on 3/28/2021, 4:20 PM

@Nathan-Jensen Does it help if you go into the program settings and click on the button to clean up the store?

Nathan-Jensen wrote on 3/28/2021, 4:36 PM

Yes, that did get the program back for me. Thanks much for that.

But the cursor problem on this project is still there. It only plays from the beginning. no matter where I place the cursor. And the yellow bar at the top is contracted to a little square and I can't seem to move it. Any help with how to fix that?

Nathan-Jensen wrote on 3/28/2021, 4:41 PM

It seems to be just in the one project, not others. So that's a good thing. Still would be nice to know how to have control on that.

SP. wrote on 3/28/2021, 4:43 PM

@Nathan-Jensen Does resetting the layout help? You can do this by pressing F4.

You can also disable the looping feature by clicking the double-arrow button of the transport control.

Nathan-Jensen wrote on 3/28/2021, 4:46 PM

Is that Function+4? That didn't seem to do anything. I'm running Windows 10. Is there a menu option for that?

SP. wrote on 3/28/2021, 4:48 PM

@Nathan-Jensen You can also find it under View > Standard Layout

Nathan-Jensen wrote on 3/28/2021, 4:49 PM

That did it. Thank you so much! You saved my whole week!

Nathan-Jensen wrote on 3/28/2021, 4:50 PM

I'm a very big fan of this program, so I'm very glad you were able to help me through it.

SP. wrote on 3/28/2021, 4:51 PM

@Nathan-Jensen Excellent. 😘👍