re: Sound forge Pro 16 Suite

Rudy-Ising wrote on 8/29/2022, 6:29 PM

This was recent update to my system. Sound forge operates ok once open; however, it seems to hang up trying to open--takes maybe 1-2 minutes every time it opens. I'm on Windows 11 PC; Sound Forge Pro Suite 16.1.1 build 30. Prior versions of Sound Forge open without delays. This was installed along with a Vegas update.

Window splash showing the vst loading etc, then once done, it takes 12 minutes before the app opens up to use.

Comments

john_barr wrote on 8/29/2022, 9:52 PM

When third-party plugins are installed, Sound Forge 16.1.1 takes several seconds to open. I hope that in the next updates this problem will be fixed.

Rudy-Ising wrote on 8/29/2022, 10:14 PM

Thanks John for the thought--this is AFTER SF shows loading the plugins and the "splash" screen goes away. Between that point and when SF is actually usable, the mouse position is just a spinner and task manager shows the app as "not responding". However after something like 1 or 2 minutes, the application finally opens in usable mode.

None of the earlier versions of SF Pro ever did this. As you said there were a few seconds of reading VST's but after that it came up.

john_barr wrote on 8/30/2022, 7:34 AM

Send email to infoservice@magix.net and report this issue, with screenshots if possible.

rraud wrote on 8/30/2022, 9:07 AM

it takes 12 minutes before the app opens up to use.

12 minutes!!!....
I would try refreshing the VST search plug-ins which would also indicate which which one may be causing the problem. Go to "Options> Preferences> VST Effects, and click the "Refresh" buttpn, monitor the procedure and if one takes an abnormal time to grovel, disable it in the VST check list.

Otherwise, try a full Reset/Clear Cache (in the 'File' menu).

btw, welcome to the Magix Sound Forge users community @Rudy-Ising.

john_barr wrote on 8/30/2022, 9:35 AM

Clicking Refresh does not resolve the issue.

rraud wrote on 8/30/2022, 10:41 AM

Clicking Refresh does not resolve the issue

No it usually does it not, but would indicate the plug-in(s) causing the delay.

Rudy-Ising wrote on 8/30/2022, 11:21 AM

Thanks for these thoughts again. Also, I meant it took 1 to 2 minutes but I guess the dash erased and it said 12minutes.... :-( From testing it does look like this version is simply taking much longer to load the VST's. The splash screen displays while scanning vst, but then the splash stops then it takes one or two minutes after the splash clears before the application actually is usable. I have not had this happen with earlier versions of Sound Forge Pro with the same set of vsts. I did clear the cache and then the re-scan took a long time to scan, so I'm guessing that this is the problem with this release. Once the application opens I'm not seeing any issues.

john_barr wrote on 8/30/2022, 11:40 AM

Exactly. The same happens to me. That's why I said that version 16 is one of the worst.

Rudy-Ising wrote on 8/30/2022, 8:56 PM

Thanks John. Pretty much confirming that the slow loading at startup is the plug ins as the "FX Plug ins" menu at top doesn't display until its completed loading (2 minutes). Yuck. Guess might have to continue to use V15 until they patch 16 to load faster. I have more plugins to read etc with Cubase or Reaper and both come up way faster than 16 does. Thanks again...

john_barr wrote on 8/30/2022, 9:30 PM

Keep using version 15 and wait for Sound Forge 17. I don't think version 16 will improve.

rraud wrote on 8/31/2022, 10:53 AM

SFP-16 is messed up in many ways with VST plug-ins. I cannot use it either.

James-Drake wrote on 2/1/2024, 8:58 AM

I have used Sound Forge 9 for years but have now updated to Version 16. I used to be able to save WAV files in the "Scott Systems" format (which was an option in version 9) (so the file could run in a Radio Station Automation System). The problem I am having is there is no longer an option to save a "Scott Systems" File in SF16. Is there some other way that I can do this in the program ? I wouldn't have upgraded if I could not do this. Frustrated..........

rraud wrote on 2/1/2024, 11:29 AM

Hi @James-Drake, use a Sony version Sound Forge for the 'Scott Studios Wave'. Magix likely chose not to pay the licensing fee. The Scott Studios Wave is an atypical PCM file with specific Metadata fields. I do not know if a BWF or MP3 would suffice, both of which support metadata. The radio stations I've had encounters with use 128kbs CBR MP3 files (which is low resolution IMO).