Questions about streaming service

ProductionSavard wrote on 2/5/2024, 10:07 AM

Hello !
I bought a pack on Loopmaster, I've finished assembling and mastering the tracks. 
Now I want to broadcast them, but my service provider is asking me :

• Did I write this song (it's an original)?
  • Or did another artist write it (it's a cover version)?

The question I asked myself was: 

• Do we consider loops sold with royaltie free to be parts of a song already written by someone else?
  • Is it an original song that I've put together from scratch by myself?
  • Is this considered as a remix?
  • Am I considered to be the songwriter?

In the licence contrat it says : The purchaser of this product/license may use the contents in their own commercial and non-commercial compositions/releases with no master royalties payable to Producer Loops Limited, providing the customer's name (or band/artist name) appears in the “credits” for that release.

My question : Am i the customer ( artist ) in question or its Producer Loops?

Despite these few nuances, I'd like to clarify the subject in question to avoid future troubles since I take this passion seriously! 

Thanks for your help!

Comments

SP. wrote on 2/5/2024, 12:59 PM

@ProductionSavard It's not a black and white answer. Yes, you're the writer of your song. I wouldn't say a loop is different much from a sampled instrument. But loops can give you problems if you want to release your composition.

Technically, your publisher needs to ask you that question, because if you made a cover song they need to pay the original writers. So, since it isn't a conver, I suggest you answer it's an original composition.

On the other hand, some publishes don't allow compositions made out of loop packs in their catalogue. Some might even refuse songs made from sampled instruments.

They might also use some kind of fingerprint tool and find the loops you used in other songs made by other people and then deny to publish your work. Or other people might do the same and block your song on platforms like YouTube.