Questions about MM Premium

Dennis-Shipman wrote on 7/1/2022, 2:09 PM

I'm using Windows 10 with Edge Browser. 4.00 GB RAM. 64-bit operating system. AMD Athlon(tm) II X2 B26 Processor 3.20 GHz. 148 GB Hard Drive.

Does MM Premium allow you to export your created music files to an external flash drive in Mp3 format? I want to be able to furnish a client with a flash drive or CD for his/her music. Additionally, I want to be able to upload Mp3 file to a website.

I notice that the MM Free version will not burn CD/DVD unless one buys an add-on tool that costs extra but the article I read didn't mention the price. Does anyone know?

Why is MM Premium and Plus selling for the same amount: $59.99 USD. Is that a promotional sale for Premium? It's a HUGE savings on the regular price, over $500.

How many extras software/tools from MM does one have to purchase in order to have full access to MM Premium? It seems to me that Premium is loaded with functionality for the pro.

Thank you in advance for your assistance and help.

Comments

emmrecs wrote on 7/1/2022, 2:47 PM

@Dennis-Shipman

Welcome to the Magix user to user forums.

I'm going to answer your questions in reverse order!

1. MM Premium is currently on a special "sale price" offer (though I'm not sure it has ever been over $500!). If you choose to buy it you will get everything that is listed on the Magix website as constituents of the program. You do not have to purchase anything else to gain full access. This page lists ALL the content that comes with each different edition.
  2. I don't know what the price of the CD Burning add-on is but the advice we always offer here is to NOT attempt to buy the separately-priced add-ons; the combination of only a few of them can quickly amount to at least as much as you would pay for the Premium Edition which includes them as standard.
  3. You can export and save your created music files to any device which can save those files! If you want to be able to play them direct from something like a USB Memory Stick, this functionality is provided by a suitable program on the device into which the stick is inserted. You could include some kind of playback software on the stick but this would not be created by Music Maker. But, please see my next point 4, which would also apply to any music which you wish to furnish a client with.
  4. You mention wishing to upload MP3 to a website. Here, you need to be careful! If you are using only any instrument available to you within Music Maker this should not be an issue.
    OTOH, if your music track contains any element taken from a Magix Soundpool you need to be very careful that you are not suddenly facing a claim for breach of copyright! Soundpools which are supplied with the program are always, I believe, intended for strictly non-commercial use. if you read this page you will see the different levels of licensing that Magix offers. Unless one of the Commercial licences is purchased separately for each Soundpool you wish to use, all Soundpools are NOT licenced for any use other than those allowed on that page under the "Non-Commercial" heading. Do please read that page very carefully!
    I suspect it is very possible that, if you wished to purchase a number of "Commercial (Royalty Free) Licences that your total cost might very easily and quickly exceed your $500!

HTH

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

SP. wrote on 7/1/2022, 2:58 PM

@Dennis-Shipman Don't fall for the HUGE discount Magix advertising is talking about. They usually inflate the price ridiculously high.

Music Maker Free can export to WAV and you can then convert this WAV to MP3 with free tools, for example XMediaRecode (which can also convert to many different other file formats).

The MP3 export option comes with the "More tracks and formats" add-on which is included in the Plus and Premium edition.

If you do work for clients, I would suggest you try the free demo version of Samplitude Music Studio from Magix.com. First of all, it comes with a 32 bit version, which should be way less demanding on your old hardware. Secondly, it comes with all features in one payment and it has more features than Music Maker (but it is a more you need to learn). Thirdly, it runs way more stable than Music Maker. Fourthly, it doesn't require an Internet connection to load your paid features. Fifthly, you can use the loop packs you buy from the Music Maker shop in Samplitude Music Studio as well. The only interesting feature missing in Samplitude Music Studio is the Song Maker.

Music Maker is basically for users, who just want to create Music out of loops in a fast way, then add some self made melodies and mix and master the song without needing to learn a complicated music program. But this means, this program is deliberately limited by design. It depends on what your clients and you want.