Purchased a full track with commercial license

Garry-Blackburn wrote on 6/2/2022, 12:58 AM

I purchased a commercial license from the store for a track called easier said than done, downloaded both .wav and .ogg, but whichever I use to record, the track is far too distorted, so was wondering if it would be possible to get the actual stems, so I can reduce the distortion on the guitar, which is way too loud???

Comments

SP. wrote on 6/2/2022, 1:47 AM

@Garry-Blackburn I would suggest you contact sales support at infoservice@magix.net or you could use a free stem separation tool like https://makenweb.com/SpleeterGUI and you can then rebalance the created stems in an audio software. Depending on the length of the song, SpleeterGUI needs a lot of free RAM. 8 GB free RAM are recommended, so your computer should have at least 12 GB RAM. If not, then you need to split the song in shorter parts before creating the stems.

Garry-Blackburn wrote on 6/3/2022, 6:08 AM

@SP. Thanks for this, luckily My processor is AMD RYZEN, and 16GB Ram sp it works, still gotta try figure the problem, the distortion is really bad on the guitar for a track I purchased with a commercial license so I still contacted support to see if I can get the stems so I can sort it, but thanks for the tips

SP. wrote on 6/3/2022, 7:18 AM

@Garry-Blackburn Maybe you could use a low pass filter on your guitar stem to reduce too harsh distortion. The problem is all other content on this stem will also be dampened.